Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i dont know if i posted soemthing about this before but if i did i said my girl might get a spec v. Well she got a red one yesterday and the day for her doom is comin:angry: People have told me time and time again that that car is really fast and a little lighter than my g20t. Well regardless of that bull people also told me that even if she dont know how to drive standard to good she still will win cause the motor. Now all i can think of that is that is a bunch of bull cause its not the power of the car, unless its a very distinct power like 250 to140 then yea its the power of the car. But here its only 175 to 140 and to the wheels its 140 to 120 so yea its the driver in this case and basically im the better out of the two of us. Now i already told her that i want to race her to see who wins and im confident enough that i can win. Now i was just postin here cause i want people opions on this not just who will win but my theory of its the driver not the engine what u people think? Oh yea just remember i can launch sooooo much better than she can before u give ur comments and outcome of this race. Honestly ill prob gain car to car and half length off the line cause she sucks off the line. peace

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
You can't just compare hp to hp. Look at the torque numbers too. Those are more important for accel that hp is. The Spec-V has what 150ish ft/lbs at the wheels and the G20 has 118ish at the wheels. That's a huge advantage!

Unless she's a real shitty driver and you only go stop light to stop light you might have a chance. Take her out on the freeway and go from about 40mph. Unless she pics a shitty gear you'll get your ass handed to ya. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
The Spec V's also really open up after about 1500 miles from what i've heard. I test drove one the first week it was at the local dealership. I wasn't that impressed with the car, it just felt very torquey, and had a decent suspension. Then I saw them at the track event at the Convention. Oh man, what a difference. They were kicking ass on the track. Stock!!! Spec V's were easily keeping up, and passing modded Classic SE-R's. The coolest thing to see was them lifting the rear inside tire around some of the turns.
In a straight line good luck, comparing dyno graph to dyno graph shows a lot more than just 20hp difference. (just like Jason said) Even if she can't drive, she has quite a few advantages, some being 215 wide front tires, more hp, lots more torque, and the hlsd. Spec V's can get out of the hole suprisingly fast, even with a beginner driving. I wouldn't be suprised to see common 2.0-2.1 second 60fts from those cars on street tires, from good drivers.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i know what u guys r sayin but first off i got lsd too cause i got a g20t and those come with lsd. Second she is a real shitty driver compared to me that is. Im not sayin im the best driver either cause im far from that but she basically just sucks. I wont be surpirsed if sh spinnin the tires from the start off. Also y should i do this startin at 40 is that a better chance of me winnin i dont get it? thanks for the input who knows now if im gonna do it i just put my rims back on and that added weight to but that also added grip for me. Anyways im just sayin all this cause honest to god on jealous cause i wanted that car and now she goes to get it that y i want to spank the shit out of her so she knows her car isnt as fast as she thought. hahahaha peace thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I don't know man, with no engine mods yet, once off the line the spec V will be noticeably quicker. My car now (see mods in sig) is running about the same times as stock Spec V's. I am probably a good launch (2.2 or 2.1 60ft) away from a 14.x 1/4 mile, but even so... a 15.4 is just as quick as a stock spec V, if not a couple tenths slower. The G20 stock is at best a high 15 second car with a killer launch. I'm not sure i've ever seen a stock one run a 15.9x to tell you the truth, but i'm pretty sure it could be done, with the right driver. Even a poor Spec V driver could manage a 15.x 1/4 mile. Unfortunately, I think she'd have to mess up pretty bad for your G20 to win. Just get some more bolt ons then you'll be able to win regardless how good the driver. =)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To tell u the truth she does suck i mean she can be alright at times but she sucks but also u say get some more bolt ons. U think cam gears and a cai r good enough or do i need more?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
nsng20 said:
U think cam gears and a cai r good enough or do i need more?
Cam gears? What do you need cam gears for? :confused:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to get them to add some hp. Y is this not a good way to go and if not what kind of mods r good to add hp? not too much $ and not too much hppeither just enough like around 20hp.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Oh, so you only want to add a mere 20 horsepower? And you don't want to spend much money? Better check eBay and see if they have any of those timing kits left... :rolleyes:

Adding 20hp to a G20 is not as cheap/easy as you seem to think. Even though this has been said about 10^47 times, you'll need the following to get anywhere near the 20hp range:

Header
Intake
Pullies
Cams
Etc.

You can prolly get ~15 or so if you don't get the cams but still get the header/intake/pullies combo. You're looking at ~$1000 for the above mods (not counting the cams).

The G20 is not a Camaro. You can't just unrestrict the exhaust and put on a chip and expect to get mad horsepower gains. It doesn't work that way with this car (or most other I-4's). If you want more power, it takes money. Especially if you want to add 15-20% more power (20hp is 14% more than stock).

Please just face the fact that your car is heavier and has less power. Do you really need to beat your girlfriend in a street race to prove you're a man? If you want to get more horsepower out of your car (and i think we all do), go for it. But just remember that everything you can do she can do too. No matter how much money you spend, and no matter how fast you make your car, there will always be someone faster (maybe even a girl).

Wow, i feel like i've been on a soap box an awful lot lately. =)

Please, God, let G20.net get a FAQ up soon....

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
nsng20 said:
I want to get them to add some hp. Y is this not a good way to go and if not what kind of mods r good to add hp? not too much $ and not too much hppeither just enough like around 20hp.
Noones really tested cam gears on a stock motor. Too much of a pain in the ass. With JWT cams they don't add any power just move the power band around.

The only reason you'd ever need cam gears on a SR20DE is if you milled the head (to correct the cam timing) or you go turbo and have JWT cams, to dial out a bit of overlap.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Yeah, don't mess with cam gears unless you get a set of C series JWT cams. That's the only time you could really dial in more power, when N/A.

Also watch out for the new CAI and headers out for the Spec V. I saw a dyno graph of the new hotshot header for the Spec V :surprised They make quite a bit of power.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not the fact that i just wanted to beat her its the fact that i wanted more hp. Also u guys r sayin that the spec v has mods and shit for it. First off u do anything like that to the motor, if im not mistaken, that voids the factory warranty. And i know she wont do any mods either cause her dad wont let her. anyways like i said i only want hp not jsut so i could race her but so i know my car has the power now. I may not race until later on anyways seein i just put my rims on and i dont want to bend them cause there is a lot of holes around my area so well see. dont worry either way if i lose or win its not biggy cause i win i feel good i lose i feel good cause i know that car is faster so i really dont care too much i just need more hp.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The new Spec V's are fast! My girlfriend picked one up two weeks ago and she has the new AEM cold air and when we went to the free run day at our local track her car ran a 15.07 and I think it might have went a little better if I didn't have 2.2 60 ft. times. I can't wait to get a header and see how this thing goes. I didn't get to take my G, but I know she'll beat me for now. I love the new Spec V, gobs of torque, nice stereo, 17's stock, I could go on an on. It's a real sleeper if you could say that (4 doors). She has beat Prelude VTEC's, modded Si's, Golf GTi's and such and there jaws drop when they see a girl in a 4 door pull on them. The AEM sounds so mean when the VTC switches at like 5 grand. The only downfall I see is the low redline, but oh well it makes of for it in torque and it has a six speed. Sorry, when I think about how good it is for stock I just get going on and on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts