Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
My sources tell me the manual is 2535lbs. I didn't find the auto weight.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Yeah that's why I'm a little suspicious. :-\ The 92 jumps to over 2700 and every year after that the weight just keeps adding up. :(

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
G-Forces said:
Yeah that's why I'm a little suspicious. :-\ The 92 jumps to over 2700 and every year after that the weight just keeps adding up. :(
And then they change the intake cam in mid '93 for emissions reasons, effectively further reducing the already lackluster acceleration.:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I weighed my 95 a couple months ago. stock rims, around a 1/4 tank of gas, jack, spare, floormats, little stuff in the car, club, cd's, etc... only thing i removed was the sub, to corner balance better. w/o me 2695lbs. w/ me ~2850lbs. Not too bad considering I havn't even started with any weight savings yet. =)

P.S. I would be EXTREMELY suprised if the 91 P10's were that light.. personally i think they are heavier than that, probably high 26xx-27xx at least, depending on the options of course.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Justin, why do you think that? Is it because they have AIV and automatic seatbelts?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
BritCG20 said:
Justin, why do you think that? Is it because they have AIV and automatic seatbelts?
No, not just that, it's the same chassis, same motor, same tranny, same interior, etc... it's the same car, there wasn't really any adjustments made, at least not 150+lbs of adjustment. 150lbs is a LOT of car to add, if the dimensions stay the same. I could see the P10-P11 difference, as quite a bit of little stuff changed, but not P10 to P10. there is also the ~80 lb difference between the auto and 5-spd tranny when you're comparing cars too (for example. someone's 91 auto vs. my 95 5-spd).

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JustinP10 said:
P.S. I would be EXTREMELY suprised if the 91 P10's were that light.. personally i think they are heavier than that, probably high 26xx-27xx at least, depending on the options of course.
I'm not so sure either. But that was the weight I found on MSN carpoint. If someone can confirm or deny that weight I'd like that. I'm thinking it's just a typo.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
G-Forces said:
I'm thinking it's just a typo.
I agree, if you look at all the G20 weights on that site, they just don't seem right. I don't see how their could be that much variance. I weighed my car, and then Kyle (g20-budo) weighed his 96, his weighed a little more than mine, but it has leather and a moonroof along with a sub box, baby seat, etc... so the weight between the two cars came out very very similar when everything was factored in.

from carpoint... all base 5-spd
P10's
91 2535 (91-93s just seem to have too much variation)
92 2745
93 2877
94 2818
95 2818
96 2818 (note: only year p10 with touring model? umm.. no)

P11's
99 2913 (P11's seem normal)
00 2923
01 2923
02 2923

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Well I know the 92 is right. I have a consumer reports book with those exact weights. The P11 one are right too, when compared to Infiniti's web site. Hmm, we need to track this down.

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
I got my weights from the official press kit.

It doesn't say what it is weighing exactly, the differences must be made up with all the variables such as:

leather/cloth,
LSD/open diff.,
sunroof/no sunroof,
different emission equipment over the years,
different intakes,
spoiler/no spoiler,
auto seatbelts/ real seatbelts
dual/single air bag
which stereo you got,
how much gas is in tank,
accuracy of scale,

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
trbobrk said:
I got my weights from the official press kit.

It doesn't say what it is weighing exactly, the differences must be made up with all the variables such as:

leather/cloth,
LSD/open diff.,
sunroof/no sunroof,
different emission equipment over the years,
different intakes,
spoiler/no spoiler,
auto seatbelts/ real seatbelts
dual/single air bag
which stereo you got,
how much gas is in tank,
accuracy of scale,
Yeah, but your numbers seem closer, and more accurate than the 15xx weight carpoint has for the 91. My prediction for a G20 (minus stereo equipment or weight savings) is the 26xx-28xx range depending on the transmission, model (t's are heavier), and options on the car. w/o driver.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a green G20t 99' and I just installed a stillen intake system and just lowered the car a couple of inches and have eibach springs

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Danny said:
I have a green G20t 99' and I just installed a stillen intake system and just lowered the car a couple of inches and have eibach springs
Welcome to the forum!

For the sake of the thread, how much does it weigh? =)

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JustinP10 said:

Yeah, but your numbers seem closer, and more accurate than the 15xx weight carpoint has for the 91. My prediction for a G20 (minus stereo equipment or weight savings) is the 26xx-28xx range depending on the transmission, model (t's are heavier), and options on the car. w/o driver.
Those are the numbers I have for the 93.5 too. I'm just wondering waht the offical 91 weights are. :-\

·
Registered
13 Posts
And my g20 is a 5 speed manual and for my christmas present from last year was money so i'm saving up money to buy a sound sysytem for my car do you think it is worth it or am I going to put to much weight on the car :confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts