Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am a bit confused i have only heard of g20t coming with lsd's. But the dealer says this was an option and not all of them came with them. I was talking to JustinP10 and he confirms what i said that all g20ts came with lsd's. The only reason why i care is because i am looking a a tranny in a junkyard from a g20t and i don't want it if its not lsd. Any comments?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Just check on the tranny itself. The tranny code will tell you if it is or not. I remember posting it on teh forum before, but the main idea is if the tranny ends in A it is non vlsd, if it ends in V is has the vlsd.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah wheres the tranny code i couldn't find it when i was looking at it.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Should be on the clutch lever, at least that's where the FSM shows, but i don't remember it being there. Other place is the VIN, if you have access to it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You can use a 91-94 SER tranny, a 91-92 NX2000 tranny, or a 95-97 SER tranny as well. They all have a lower 3,4 and 5th than the P10 trannies do, which you may or may not want. I switched and I really like it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jayntguru said:
You can use a 91-94 SER tranny, a 91-92 NX2000 tranny, or a 95-97 SER tranny as well. They all have a lower 3,4 and 5th than the P10 trannies do, which you may or may not want. I switched and I really like it.
Really did it swap right in or did you have to run differnet axles. Is yours a g20t? Also i wanted to use the lower gearing like in my old 91 se-r but now that i'm messing with the idea of going turbo i'm thinking the longer 3rd gear would be nice. But i'm still very interested in what kind of modification you had to do to use this tranny.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the same thing go for the G20t tranny, using the driverside axle that is? Thats a really good mod i wish i still had my old tranny i loved the gearing in that car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts