Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I just saw the new motortrend television on speed vision and they did a test of the new G35 ,330ci and Cadillac cts any way they were very impressed with the new g35 because it beat everything on the market. Here are the three test they ran that the g35 came out on top on:

Acceleration
G35 6.2 sec
330ci 6.7sec.
CTS 6.9 sec.

Braking
G35 110ft WOW! ferrari 360 modena was 112ft
CTS 128 ft
330ci 129 ft

600 ft slalom
G35 66.7 mph
330ci 61.5
CTS I forget. :lick:
P.S both 330ci and CTS were stick shift and the G35 was automatic so I can't wait to see times whaen the G gets a
stick :lick: so it's the new king of the hill baby!!!!1

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yup, and in the new Motor Trend, those cars were put into a super comparo article, and its verified: the BMW 3-series has finally been knocked from its reign as the sports sedan of choice by the Infiniti G35. It's a better value, a better sporty car, a better looking car...it's just better! With the G35 and the Altima goin' around *funny, they have the same engine....* I'd be getting some Nissan stock.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Twiggy said:
P.S both 330ci and CTS were stick shift and the G35 was automatic so I can't wait to see times whaen the G gets a
stick :lick: so it's the new king of the hill baby!!!!1

Don't forget the additional 15hp, loss in weight and optional Brembo brakes that it will recieve as well. Well this is the coupe. But still, even with just the 6 speed it will be jaw dropping.

·
Registered
129 Posts
agreed...

It's definitely an eye-catching beauty, I see a couple of them around Toronto, and I know it turns my head....

I am sure this car earns its crown of luxury, looks AND performance?? Does it come in 5-speed or even 6-speed by any chance?

Do they have the G35 equivalent in England?

·
Registered
880 Posts
5spd: no
6spd: not yet; when the coupe comes

The UK equivalent for the car is the actual Nissan Skyline. But their engine isn't quite as powerful. I don't know what kind of tranny options they have. Any of you Brits like to shed some light on this?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Speaking of the 6-speed G35 sedan/coupe, why in the world do some car companies offer the auto version of their car then tell the public,"Sorry. You'll have to wait 6 months to a year for the manual." ? Why not just simply offer both from the start?:-\

·
Registered
533 Posts
My friend turned in his i30t for service and got a loaner g35. It drifts when you floor it with vdc off while turning.........

whoa...

the car pulls hard and yet it comfortable. His i30t is ready at the dealship, but he asked "my dad is busy now, can I return it tomorrow?"

enough said

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
chalun823 said:
My friend turned in his i30t for service and got a loaner g35. It drifts when you floor it with vdc off while turning.........

whoa...

the car pulls hard and yet it comfortable. His i30t is ready at the dealship, but he asked "my dad is busy now, can I return it tomorrow?"

enough said
I definately need to take my G20 in for service ASAP!!=)

·
Registered
453 Posts
i came. i saw. i drove!!! holy crap the g35 is fast. the best part is the steering it is stiff but not responsive...has a very sporty feel... the torque is strong yet the tranny is smooth...i want one now!!!...car's great...not too hot on the tail though, however like i give a crap... the car is great!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nope, we don't have any infiniti models over here, and nope, the Skyline isn't a uk car either. Loads get imported, often by nissan deallers, but it's not a uk car.

·
Registered
880 Posts
well the G35 coupe is a sweet sweet car. I got to ride in one the other week. It handles like a dream, and the car has all the power anyone would ever need. The styling is just beautiful and I can't get over how nice the seats are. They are seude leather in the center and then regular leather on the sides. It feels so nice and they fit you like a glove, not to mention they hold you in place even under serious cornering maneuvers. The back seat still has ample space for some rear passengers but it's a little tighter than the sedan (as to be expected). Great car, and I wish I could buy one. The only draw back to the car at the moment is the sides of the car seem a little tall. A bumper/guard rail on the side of the car or something to break the monotony would really make the car look perfect. So if you guys ever get the chance to try one out, I highly recommend it.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Twiggy said:
Acceleration
G35 6.2 sec
330ci 6.7sec.
CTS 6.9 sec.
Wow good numbers for an auto!

I still have my heart set on a 350Z. I like the sportier nature more than the comfy nature of the Coupe. I think it was road and track that tested the 350Z and got like a 5.4 0-60 and a 14.1 1/4 mile. :D Sweeeeet is all that comes to mind. Finally nissan stands up to the hype that they've built up.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Re: G35 is king of the hill!

G-Forces said:
I still have my heart set on a 350Z. .
HELL YEAH. Notice how the coupe G35 looks like a luxury 350Z though? heh

·
Registered
306 Posts
Don't forget the R&T comparo !!!

The Gee wins the comparo by R&T against :

11. Lincoln LS
10. Jaguar X-Type 3.0
9. Volvo S60 T5
8. Cadillac CTS
7. Mercedes-Benz C320 Sport
6. Acura 3.2 TL Type-S
5. Audi A4 3.0 Quattro
4. Saab 9-5 Aero
3. Lexus IS 300
2. BMW 330i
1. Infiniti G35

Now that is some stiff competition, unbelieveable for a NEW car to be that well tuned and thought out from the get-go.

Read the whole thing at: http://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/roadtests/articledisplay.asp?articleid=235

·
Registered
5 Posts
YUP!!!; g35 is the...

I just got mine last week even bought all the magazines that has the g35 on the cover and kept in the back seat form my friends to read.
Up at 260hp, feels like a v8. I can get up 80mph in no time on the H1 freeway.
With the sportstuned, sunroof, are, and leather, really blow my mind.
I see a bimmer handling in an Italian design and an American attitude! Driving winding streets of Waipahu kicks. Driving excitement really pumps my heart. lol
Too bad for the people who already bought the new Altimas.
Too bad there is no handbrake.
Where can I shop for adjustable springs for it? or should I just keep it sport tuned-stock?:-\

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I'd keep the suspensions stock for now. I wouldn't just jump on the first set of springs that comes out either you'll probably end up ruining the balance. It's also VERY new so you probalby won't find much yet. Just be careful if you do change some suspension components that you do your research and do it right. I always hate to see cars with already amazing handeling get ruined by a cheap set of springs or shocks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts