Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a new G35 driving down the road a couple days ago. I believe it was last friday. I didn't realize they were out already? BTW, it was Silver =) (it would have looked REALLY nice with the Nismo S-tune paint scheme too)

·
Registered
66 Posts
dude, i went snow boarding today and saw 3 in the canyon!!! 2 blacks and a silver...it looks better in person. One of the black ones had HID which makes me drool...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I was at the dealer a few day ago and saw a whole lot of 'em. The pictures I've seen on the internet looked pretty ugly, but the car looks VERY nice in person. I actually said, "Oh $hit that's nice!" when I saw one drive by and the receptionist was looking at me funny. With 260 horsepower, the G35 is going to be a very good contender with the 3 series, the Lexus IS, and the Audi A4. The G20 is a great car but it's not in the same power class as the others and is FWD. What better way to solve that problem than basing it off the Skyline.

I still like the Euros better, but after seeing the G35 in person I'd much rather have it than the Lexus LS.

:cool:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I saw this car at the auto show in Toronto. VERY nice but quite a bit more than the G20 was. A little bit out of my price range at this moment. Maybe I'll pick up a nice used 6-spd in a couple years when the G gets relegated to full time project status. =)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I test drove a deep red G35 yesterday. Nice car. Very quick and responsive. I am a bit confused as to what a sport suspension is supposed to be when the G35 premium and sport packages come
with 17inch rims. I will be looking to purchase one late 2002. I pay off my G20 in November 2002. In the mean time I plan on purchasing my first home this year. A $30,000 car needs a garage and a driveway not a parking space in a town home apartment complex.

:cheeky:

·
Registered
251 Posts
LukeAtMe said:
dude, i went snow boarding today and saw 3 in the canyon!!! 2 blacks and a silver...it looks better in person. One of the black ones had HID which makes me drool...
I went to the dealship today saw some G35. The front ends looks awesome, like how they integrated the headlamp all in one, hi beam, low beam HID or not, fog. The interior is so nice too, the G20 just cant catch up to that on the inside. 6-speed and coupe is coming at the end of the year. I was drooling when I didnt have my HID LOL, now people drool looking at mine

·
Registered
520 Posts
mannnnn!

infiniti came to tha table with the g35. I saw a black one coming
down the road and I was like what tha hek is that. It almost resembles the skyline when you come head on with it. I'm diggin under my couch cushion's as we speak so I can get one when the 6spd comes out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
G35 = Nissan skyline 350 GT-8

I have read some japanese written magazine. I believe G35 is called Nissan Skyline 350 GT-8. I don't know what 8 means. I guess that is the gear ratio of CVT transmission.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: G35 = Nissan skyline 350 GT-8

Green Primera said:
I have read some japanese written magazine. I believe G35 is called Nissan Skyline 350 GT-8. I don't know what 8 means. I guess that is the gear ratio of CVT transmission.
Yes, the G35 is a US spec'd and rebadged Skyline. From what is being released on freshalloy.com and other sites is that the upcoming G35 Sport Coupe will be a rebadged US version of the new Skyline GTR. But there is some talk about the engine and what will be available in Japan.

It is already known per www.infiniti.com that the G35 Coupe will have the VQ35DE, same as the current G35 Sedan. But there is talk of a different powerplant for the Japan spec'd Skyline. Of course, it will probably have a shitload of power!

Guess we'll wait and see in the Fall of 2002. =)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've seen a couple of them now on the roads of Tucson... I can't wait to test drive one... 260hp and the same torque (i think). The thing i'd really like from one is the muffler for my G. =) I think it'd look sweet. So, who wants to buy a G35 and sell me the muffler? (BTW, i'd settle for a new Maxima muffler too). =)

Oh yeah, i'm guessing around a low-mid 14.x 1/4 mile? 3.5 Altima did it in 14.1 somewhere.. in a 5-spd though... this has 20 more hp and tq, but the auto tranny and i'm not sure the weight difference. I'm sure it'll run a 14.x though. Damn fast cars, making my car look slower and slower :bored: :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Of course it should be infiniti.

Nissan have enough choices. If infiniti sells skyline, it will boost sales. Skyline is the right flagship car for infiniti and its sporting image.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: Of course it should be infiniti.

Green Primera said:
Nissan have enough choices. If infiniti sells skyline, it will boost sales. Skyline is the right flagship car for infiniti and its sporting image.
the G35 we're talking about here is the skyline, just to let you know :bandit:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: Re: Of course it should be infiniti.

Nismoboy1 said:
the G35 we're talking about here is the skyline, just to let you know :bandit:
Exactly! That is what I was saying. Seems as if they looked right over my post. :confused:

As of right now, Nissan has NO definite plans to manufacture a R35 Skyline GT-R in Japan to sell in Japan, Australia, USA, or any where else.

The R34 is currently being slated as the last of the GT-R's. Atleast for now. BUT the current G35 sedan that is being sold RIGHT NOW in the US and coupe to be sold in the fall of 2002 are in fact the same car as the Skyline being sold over in Japan right now!

There is some rumors to a special Skyline with more horsepower etc, but again that is in the rumor mill.

On another note, you can call Motorex right now located in the USA and buy a used R32, R33, or R34 and drive it all over the USA if you want. They start at a little over $18,000 and go up from there. they are imported and have been through US standard bumper and crash tests.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm planing on getting a g35

well after my test drive at miller infiniti i am now planing on getting one when the bodykit becomes available soon. I must say I was blown away by the acceleraation and handling the car had as a luxury car.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yep gonna save my pennies when the MT comes...

:surprised I saw some on a car carrier heading towards Dallas last week. I almost drove off the freakin road staring at 'em so hard! LOL!
So I'm gonna start saving my pennies and cross my fingers that I get on with a major airline here soon, and make the big bucks to keep my 99 G20 and get the G35. WOO HOO!! :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
All the people in the states that want a Skyline better hope that a 2Dr coup comes out becuse the G35 is no Skyline like the ones in Japan. It dose not even have the round tail lights. The 2dr is a much better looking and much better driving car and dose have more HP. Alot more if you are talking GTR

1 - 20 of 25 Posts