Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are GAB struts worth buying? They are a little pricey, but I can't find anything for a P11 and (no offense) but I'm not getting much feedback on what struts to get with my Intrax springs. True I'm getting a lot of brands, but no links or telephone numbers where I can order them. So what's the deal with GABs?

·
Registered
146 Posts
You can get the KYB AGX's from shox.com but you have to order the fronts for a 91-96 g20 and the rears for a 95-98 sentra. The AGX's will be about half the price as the GABS and they are basicly the same shock from what I have heard. I personaly just got the GR-2's and they work just fine whith my B&G springs but they are not adjustable.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Inifiniti G20s come with KYB GR-2's from the factory. I hear that the GAB struts are really hard ride but they corner really well. Luke had them on his first suspension system I belive.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I've heard that the GAB's are valved different than the KYB AGX. Supposedly they are stiffer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok first off no the 95-98 sentra rears will not fit the p10 because the p10 actualy has struts in the rear, and secondly the GR-2's are not what comes on the car. When I talked to KYB they told me that the GR-2's are made to be a little stiffer than stock and can handle up to a 35% stiffer spring, when you look at the GR-2 and the factory shock you can see the difference. The GR-2 is thicker and just looks tougher than the factory shocks and the GR-2's are just a little shorter by maybe .2". I think the GR-2's are very good with my springs and I'm sure they would work just as well with Eibach or H&R but they probably wouldn't hold up to GC's spring rates.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great! Finally some feedback I can use. Now how bout this. I have the Intrax 1.7" drop springs. It's a huge drop and I've heard that they bounce like crazy. I'm looking for a strut setup that'll stop the bounce immediately giving one hard (guessing it'll be a rough ride) bounce and then stopping. I hate those dropped civics that just bounce and bounce. Since the GABs are stiffer - should I go with them? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok, the ride usually gets really crappy because the suspension do's not have enough travel and you hit your bump stops all the time which makes it really rough and possibly dangerous, then when your shocks can't handle the extra spring rate you get the fun bouncy ride. Now with that said I would suggest not going any lower than 1.5" unless you get some good coil overs with shortened shocks that are made for the lower ride, but if you have to use the Intrax than I would say use the AGX's, I think they should be stiff enough and a lot less expensive then the Gabs but you will most likely be hitting you bump stops all the time regardless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts