Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored yesterday and i decided to do what my friend did to his altima. He popped his air box clips and his car sucks more air and sounds like it has an intake only at like 5000-7000 RPM. My car i have the K&N drop in filter and i made sure that it was nice and secure in the top where the engine sucks the air so no nasty dirty air gets in there without passing through the K&N first, i popped the box lifted it up 2 centimeters and now my car hauls a little more ass the RPM's fall faster and the car has that deep throaty sound that it used to have when i had the pop charger on it. I dont know if it hurts the engine but it sounds awesome.

i know casual is posting, LOL give me some feedback.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yo man I remember back when I first got my car I popped the airbox for like a week and it did sound awesome. But like so many things in life such as cutting springs or clamping them, popping the airbox is no good or at least from what I heard. Sure the car sounds fast and feels faster but the feel is from the lightened throttle response. Also thats something that the Honda boys usually do, even if an intake for them costs only like 30$. This mechanic guy I know said to just keep the airbox on until I get a proven intake such as a JWT pop or HS CAI. He told me that the car actually loses horsepower because it acts like a heatsink and that the engine internals get very dirty!

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the feeling, but like i said no air gets through without getting through the K&N filter first.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
lol here i am well i did this ghettoness too a while back to see what it would do but without k&n and it did make a diff but i put it back like a week later i like the throaty sound too but i like it more on other peoples cars and it was better to me when i put it back and silenced the car

the k&n is not much diff then the stock filter so u not really getting that much protection since its a k&n it breathes better then the stock filter but cleans as good so thats a plus

suggestion if you keep this off its not going to make much of a difference in a bad way
i would suggest putting it back on (the clamps) and lets just wait for cai

let me stop hating since it feels good now go ahaead keep on
casual

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its all good, i had done this a while ack but the filter just sat on the bottom of the box, im just doing this now because im bored. I will get the CAI soon........god job on the install bro i like it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts