Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I'm part of the NZ Primera Car Club and I haven't come across such wicked dials as I did on this G20 forum the other day. I was wondering what kinda costs are there for these mods and also where would I look to get some from?

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
yay reannas dials

ebay man, theyre like 20 bucks. youll have to poke a couple holes like we did to make em fit but its easy!
i emailed you back, you must notta got it. the odometer push button hole is in the wrong spot for your year, and the needle stopper (looks like the point of a tack) that sticks out will have to have a small hole made for it. overall its super easy. but buy a switch to mount somewhere. it comes with a dial to turn the brightness up and down, or make them green not blue, but it doesnt turn them off all the way. so for now, hers stay on very dim all the time... lol

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Those are not p11 dials... Ryan doesn't have em in his car, they're in Reanna's car - a p10.

Jaed... you will have to do some slight modification to make them fit in your car. These are for 91-93 dials and yours are slightly different. Its no that difficult and someone once did a write-up on it on the board.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
yay reannas dials

ebay man, theyre like 20 bucks. youll have to poke a couple holes like we did to make em fit but its easy!
i emailed you back, you must notta got it. the odometer push button hole is in the wrong spot for your year, and the needle stopper (looks like the point of a tack) that sticks out will have to have a small hole made for it. overall its super easy. but buy a switch to mount somewhere. it comes with a dial to turn the brightness up and down, or make them green not blue, but it doesnt turn them off all the way. so for now, hers stay on very dim all the time... lol
You should not need a seperate switch. Why do hers stay on all the time? You gotta wire it to something that comes on with the parking lights that's all. Mine only come on with the parking and head lights.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
i know thats a p10 but that site u send u'rs out to does not do the p11 dial like that not that nice...

so whos the source to get this from for p10 or 11

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
they wont fit a p11. you buy the overlay from ebay and its a single big sheet all wired together so it lights up. i didnt wire to anything with the parking lights... although i should have... i just found it easier to go straight to the battery, although, it probably wasnt haha.
they arent made for the p11, and theres no possibly way they would fit without cutting and thereby destroying the lights. plus i think the speedos ticks wouldnt line up, etc.

not feasible sorry =/

find em on ebay and email the company though, maybe a gb can happen.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
theyre made for earlier p10s, but the pics above are on a 96, it was very simple to make fit. basically put them on, and there are like 2 spots you just have to poke little holes for things to go through.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I notice that speedo goes to 180km, and tach to 8,000rpm. That said I wouldn't be able to use these dials for that very reason - I'd take accuracy over looks. But I would still love to get some new flashy dials for my P10, does anyone know someone who sells dials to fit this cluster?

My factory cluster (1995 SR20 P10)

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
Those ARE very nice looking! I like both the lit and non lit look.

The tach being off does worry me a bit though as well.

G-Twenty-T, easy or difficult is it to see the needles at night? In the pic they're not too easy to see (doesn't look like they're lit up?)

Thanks

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
needles are way hard to see at night. through importintelligence.com you can get light up needles in say-blue, which would look good with these. we just havent yet.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
^^ as mentioned earlier.. it looks like the rpm is off. Would you say it's off from stock
(as in not accurate)?

And couldn't you just place a LED near the base of the stock needle and wouldn't that light it up?

Thanks.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
you could put an LED in to light it up, but that would take away maybe from the guages lighting up, compared to having just the actual needle light up.

the rpms and speedo seem to be right on for us, i dont recall noticing the 9 on these and not on the originals... maybe a euro thing? :zoinks:

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
2000 G-Twenty-T said:
you could put an LED in to light it up, but that would take away maybe from the guages lighting up, compared to having just the actual needle light up.
Hmm.. interesting.. I'd be interested in seeing how it would look. I saw a write up (on Maxima.org I think) where they put an LED right at the base of the needle, and the color looked to me like it came through the needle.. I'll see if I can find the link.

2000 G-Twenty-T said:
the rpms and speedo seem to be right on for us, i dont recall noticing the 9 on these and not on the originals... maybe a euro thing? :zoinks:
You are correct!! :teeth: I checked my tach and it goes right to 9!! Thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts