Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As everyone has seen the recent Stillen video thread. A few people have been showing some interest about Super/Turbo charger kit for the g20. I spoke with jzinn from stillen about it and to get the ball rolling I would like to get a list of people that would definetly be interested in the kit, from there we can see if it might happen or not. I have also offered my car for testing and development :)

1.Cryss

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
Im down

1. Cryss
2. Ugly
3. Dave

I offered my car to be the guinea pig too. :naughty: ...but that was in the other thread and not in a personal message.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
If it is CARB legal like the rare JWT or the non-existent HKS system then maybe depending on price, system completeness (91-99 or to 02; AT and/or MT), and gains.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
junknstuff said:
i'd rather turbo a p10, but if/when i pick up a p11 then going the supercharge route might be better...

still. turbocharging an sr20 is pretty cheap guys...but i guess options are always good!
+1

but here is what i got from jzinn
Superchargers are definetly prefferred for a couple of reasons:

- more consistent power
- less complex both on the R&D and for the end user install
- much more likely to receive C.A.R.B. approval
- produce less heat, therefor less likely to have cascading problems with other parts
- more reliable

... and the list goes on... but that's not to say that turbos are out of the question.
and you can still have a BOV with the super :smile: :naughty:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
ZoliElo said:
If it is CARB legal like the rare JWT or the non-existent HKS system then maybe depending on price, system completeness (91-99 or to 02; AT and/or MT), and gains.
if everything is cost feasable (as opposed to me doing an engine swap to a VE or a sr20det) then i am down. Now if they also make it where it would be compatible with a VE i will definately be down in the future for that. Obviously it will take time to reach the needed funds. If it is available that just means more incentive for me to save.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Subscribed :drool: Is Stillen just doing a P11 kit?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Madmike1029 said:
if everything is cost feasable (as opposed to me doing an engine swap to a VE or a sr20det) then i am down. Now if they also make it where it would be compatible with a VE i will definately be down in the future for that. Obviously it will take time to reach the needed funds. If it is available that just means more incentive for me to save.
im with mike, supercharger for them ve's! :naughty:
id be down

·
Registered
707 Posts
id be interested in a complete kit with moderate power gains as well, especially if it could be made to work with an AT, 200+ whp ftmfw

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
krookednose7 said:
id be down
turbo would be nice too. what ever ends up being more cost effective/reliable

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
+ 1 for supercharger!!

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
me wants!
1. Cryss
2. Ugly
3. davew7
4. P11Gdub

Madmike1029 said:
Now if they also make it where it would be compatible with a VE i will definately be down in the future for that.
exactly what i was thinking.

krookednose7 said:
id be down
+1

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'd be down, only if it's CARB legal, and I won't have any issues in California.

Otherwise, IMO, what would be the point?

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
If the price for everything (supercharger, brackets, belt, piping, engine management, etc.) is competitive or better than a simple turbo or VE setup (around $3000), I would probably be down. If it's $1500-2000, sign me up right now! Just gotta earn the cash and I'll do it.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts