Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1264 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
im down for a set definitily P11 X2
gotchya

There's no way that you can have one set built for yourself?
I can but you know the enormous cost to get a factory to rally around building you 1 measly product? And then what would you want to see it on? A G20, a S13, a Supra? If i made 1 P11 set and posted pics of my P11, S13 guys would want to see it on an S13, if I made for my S13 you guys would want to see how they are on a G20. Then Supra guys would want to see it specifically on a Supra, and everyone would want to see them on their own specific vehicle, which would require me going ahead and spending the tens of thousands of dollars to make all the products, which would then defeat the entire purpose of what we're doing right here. YOu could say good bye to your $500/$600 SHIPPED introductory price and pay alot more.

im down x2 forp11
gotchya

or who will be producing the coilovers? products to be used? shock body brand? spring brand? etc., etc.? not a ton of info.
A FACTORY is producing our spings. Not some other brand. I've also said that severa times, these are ZANKOKU PERFORMANCE coilovers and not some other rebranded thing. The materials used are listed on the first page.

·
Registered
185 Posts
gotchya

I can but you know the enormous cost to get a factory to rally around building you 1 measly product? And then what would you want to see it on? A G20, a S13, a Supra? If i made 1 P11 set and posted pics of my P11, S13 guys would want to see it on an S13, if I made for my S13 you guys would want to see how they are on a G20. Then Supra guys would want to see it specifically on a Supra, and everyone would want to see them on their own specific vehicle, which would require me going ahead and spending the tens of thousands of dollars to make all the products, which would then defeat the entire purpose of what we're doing right here. YOu could say good bye to your $500/$600 SHIPPED introductory price and pay alot more.

gotchya

A FACTORY is producing our spings. Not some other brand. I've also said that severa times, these are ZANKOKU PERFORMANCE coilovers and not some other rebranded thing. The materials used are listed on the first page.
ok, i've also read several times that a FACTORY is producing them. any specifics on this FACTORY? sometimes that helps. at least, i think it does. ok, they're Zankoku Performance coilovers, but there is still someone or some company that helps to produce them unless YOU, as a company, is producing them. but, you're not. if you are producing them, in shop, some history behind your techs would be wonderful right about now.

no one said you're rebranding anything. just a LITTLE more specifics would be great. and either way, you ARE using parts from other companies. you're using someone's spring, someone's shock body, etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you can have a certain application list of coilovers you can produce and yet not able to produce other application from the posts in this thread, that appears like you are getting it from some factory some place, and as such, you really should be able to get a test or sample set.
And if you're saying you're the producer of the coilovers and you'll just produce 100 sets of something without some testing, i really find that odd.

Hope it works out well though.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
A factory produces auto parts. Where doesn Nissan get is parts from? Not in house, they have a factory make them parts, Denso, Sard, JECs, etc...

I had a whole different answer typed up here, where I mentioned the factory name and one other manufacture I think uses them as well. But then I though about it and if I say that "Factory X" makes them (for example) then people get that in their head and start thinking "oh we're buying Factory X coilovers."... Wrong, you're buying Zankoku Performance coilovers. If you were to ask Apexi who makes their coilovers, or Buddy Club, or Stance, or JIC, Tein, or GodSpeed, etc... you would not get an answer from them. So bascially to avoid confusion and mis conceptions, I'm going to give you this answer. You dont need to worry about what factory we use.

Our factory is in Taiwan (keep in mind Taiwan & China produced products ARE different), it is a factory that has the ability to make a wide variety of parts. They make OEM replacement parts & they make other aftermarket parts for other companies. This isnt like Apexi & Megan that rebadge BC Coilovers and althought people "think" they are different because they assume each company has its own specifications, QC, etc... when according go BC they are all built exactly the same. How do I know that? I AM a BC dealer, but its not BC that i'm having produce my coilovers.
We chose this factory because they use good materials (as listed on the front) and follow our specification. Like I mention this company makes several other products as well, but we are only having them build our coilvers. Although I'm considering also using their 7075 lug nuts. Most aluminum "tuner" lugs out there are made of lesser grade aluminum which cant resist the forces put on them when racing and strip out. Also they stretch too much and have to be thrown away after about 8-10 re-torquings. Thats why aluminum tuner lugs = FAIL. But these lugs are 7075 which a very good high grade and strong forged aluminum. Better than most aluminum lugs out there :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
after that, i'd like to get my name taken off of the list. doesn't totally feel right.

i understand where you're coming from. yes, many people rebadge coilovers for themselves. however, many companies also do as what you're doing. they pay a particular company to have them design a coilover for them a certain way, then they rebadge it. for instance, as far as i'm aware, SPLparts' uses KTS Japan coils and have them design a particular coil for them. i've used their coils in my old S13 before.

i don't think i can just blindly buy these without knowing some more history.

i hope they come out great though. and if they do, and they're well priced, i might have to buy them at a higher price. oh well. good luck. :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
If you were to ask Apexi who makes their coilovers, or Buddy Club, or Stance, or JIC, Tein, or GodSpeed, etc... you would not get an answer from them.
I don't know about the rest but TEIN has their own facilities and produce everything in-house.

Try to realize that people are hesitant to pay $500+ for something that doesn't exist yet. They have a lot of questions that you're refusing to answer either because you don't want the info to get out or you just don't know the answers to. Which is it? Personally I would like to know what kind of research and development goes into these coilovers? Do they just put something together that matches the length of the stock struts? How do they figure out what spring rates are best for each car? Are they just copying designs of other companies and just changing the brand name on them? (example: SSAC and Hotshot Headers).

·
Registered
972 Posts
So after reading all the chatter lately, I'm slightly confused by the title of this thread. Is this merely 'gauging interest' on a group buy, or are we seriously being asked to commit $500+ sight unseen?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Its funny, in order to avoid confusion and misconception you now have more confusion and misconception.
Once, again THESE ARE NOT "Factory X" coilovers. These are Zankoku Performance coilovers. Now let me explain some info on our factory. I've said this factory has extensive abilities in manufacturing OEM and aftermarket parts. They even have several factory supported race teams, which was a major draw in me considering them for production.
In collaboration with Zankoku's experience and knowledge and their engineers we sorted out what Zankoku wanted for its customers. Some of their default spring rates were suitable, some WE wanted to change. We also had target damping curves Zankoku designed and wanted for certain vehicles based on spring rate & weight of the vehicle. Them being a very good factory were able to supply us with damping curves for EVERYTHING and compared them to our standard and told them where we would want a change in the curve if it didnt align with our desired curve. Some more progressive, some a little more linear than others.
The target of the curve was to have really really firm low speed damping to basically eliminate body roll and other low speed movements, then lighten it up for higher speed impacts so the suspension can absorb impact but not bounce you off the moon and also not be too hard where you actually loose traction from going over bumps.
I have the G20 spring rates up here. I'll get a damping curve up. Its easier putting the spring rates up then transfering the curve into a certain Windows file, uploading it to photobucket and then linking it up here. Its kind of time consuming and I have ALOT going on.

But look up my forum history. I wouldnt sell something I wouldnt use on my own vehicle and I also wouldnt sell something that sucks. Thats why I dont sell Tokico, D2 or KSport even though we do carry those lines, I refuse to sell them. I'm hear to help, not just to whore out parts. We dont get rich off parts, so whats the incentive? The incentive is to bring new parts that arent there and create more options. Like right now if you want coilovers all you got are Tein SS's for $1000+. I certainly dont feel Tein's bottom of the barrel SS's are worth that kind of dough, they're just the next step up from Basics.

So pics of some other coilovers this factory has made and G20 damping curves are on the list to be put up/

put me down for a set driftdizzle x2 1997 infiniti q45
Sorry man, only 01-06 Q45

So when is the deadline to sign up for this group buy?
I'll be "gauging interest" or "taking orders" until late december

Eh, take me off the list as well. Hope everything goes well.
I will

So after reading all the chatter lately, I'm slightly confused by the title of this thread. Is this merely 'gauging interest' on a group buy, or are we seriously being asked to commit $500+ sight unseen?
Gauging interest and taking names for now. However at the end of the whole gauging interest thing we will be asking you to commit your $500 to "sight unseen", manufacture the coilovers and send them to you.

One last thing. Do you remember the 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE??
When asking all these questions and being skeptical, thats normal I DO understand, but remember thats why I offered this guarantee. Ask yourself this question and even give me an answer if you'd like: What exactly it is you're "worried about" not having seen the finished product?
Now read the guarantee and you'll see you're probably covered if not satisfied

·
P10 hater
2,327 Posts
So you said the price includes shipping. Great! Out of curiosity, are they being shipped from Taiwan or from you? And this "free shipping" is everywhere in the lower 48 right? Thanks man.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
One last thing. Do you remember the 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE??
When asking all these questions and being skeptical, thats normal I DO understand, but remember thats why I offered this guarantee. Ask yourself this question and even give me an answer if you'd like: What exactly it is you're "worried about" not having seen the finished product?
Now read the guarantee and you'll see you're probably covered if not satisfied
Its the fact that as of right now, and at the time of payment these are just on paper, there has been no "real world" testing done. Produce a set, test them, then show us. Simple as that.

·
Registered
972 Posts
So is the whole deal predicated on getting 75 more names by late December? Does this GB evaporate if we don't, or will there be an opportunity to buy the product at a potentially higher cost (which would def require pics, specs, etc.).

I'd like to know more about the 1yr warranty, if you have any info. Like if something goes wrong (and it's covered), do I send the pieces back to you, or ship it off to Taiwan (presumably at my expense)?

Please don't misconstrue my questions as doubt, it's just that when you buy Tein coilovers (for instance), no matter where you bought them, you know what kind of support to expect after the sale. I couldn't care less about the color, getting that VIP stance, etc., and I understand that if something made out of toilet paper tubes shows up at my house then I can get my money back, but I would like to know that if my 100% satisfaction starts going south after 6 mos or so, then I've got an avenue to pursue to set things right.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
So you said the price includes shipping. Great! Out of curiosity, are they being shipped from Taiwan or from you? And this "free shipping" is everywhere in the lower 48 right? Thanks man.
Shipped from us! Yes, "free shipping" in the lower 48

Its the fact that as of right now, and at the time of payment these are just on paper, there has been no "real world" testing done. Produce a set, test them, then show us. Simple as that.
Excellent! Thats exactly what I was looking for. Thing is HAS been real world testing on the factory's components and stuff, I'm gonna post up some pics on the front page. Here's the inside scoop, i'll spill the beans: The factory that is producing our coilovers is the parent company that makes "Standard" coilovers. That is their in-house "brand". There's not alot of info stateside on their products, there's a little. The people that actually have the product love it functional wise & they also love them asthetically. They can drop your ride REAL low- like 5" low. So now with that said, we're not selling "Standard" coilovers, we just have the same factory manufacturing ours. I actually believe it is Buddy Club that uses this same factory, or Buddy Club might use Windflowers or another Taiwanese manufacturer.

So is the whole deal predicated on getting 75 more names by late December? Does this GB evaporate if we don't, or will there be an opportunity to buy the product at a potentially higher cost (which would def require pics, specs, etc.).

I'd like to know more about the 1yr warranty, if you have any info. Like if something goes wrong (and it's covered), do I send the pieces back to you, or ship it off to Taiwan (presumably at my expense)?

Please don't misconstrue my questions as doubt, it's just that when you buy Tein coilovers (for instance), no matter where you bought them, you know what kind of support to expect after the sale. I couldn't care less about the color, getting that VIP stance, etc., and I understand that if something made out of toilet paper tubes shows up at my house then I can get my money back, but I would like to know that if my 100% satisfaction starts going south after 6 mos or so, then I've got an avenue to pursue to set things right.
Ha ha, obviously if toilet paper tubes showed up that would be covered ;)
6 months is a little pushing it to return, possibly, it kind of depends on WHY your satisfaction is going out. Because 6 months can accrue alot of miles on a product, but 6 months is within the initial warranty so if the satisfaction is based on something defecting on the product then you'll get a brand new one! Not to mention usually if you arent satisfied you're going to know right away, like it says on the front page tho, if you dont like the ride feel, thats not really a part of it because look at the spring rates, if you feel they're too stiff for you, you shouldnt be buying them in the first place.

The premise of the 100 orders is to offer you guys the absolute best introductory price. If we get less than 100, we can still get them, and still at a VERY VERY good price, but probably about $100-$150 more than current pricing depending on the actual quantity.

Warranty- products include a 1 year warranty to the original purchaser. Replacement or repair is free of charges excluding the following condition:
1.Failed to present original warranty card
2.Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from:
 i.Accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of nature, and car accident.
 ii.Unauthorized product modification, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
 iii.Repair or attempted repair by anyone other than manufacturer (Zankoku Performance
 iv.Repair using non Zankoku Performance approved parts.
 v.Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect.
 vi.Normal wear and tear.
Repair or other services are still available after/ beyond warranty period/condition, however, parts cost and services will be charged separately.

So if after warranty you want to rebuild/revalve your damper YOURSELVE thats ok. But withing the first year if you do it yourself and something defects it voids our warranty.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
PS: I was gonna upload photos today, but my browser is having problems w/ photobucket for some reason. Should be able to get it resolved by this evening

·
Im a organ donor.
4,843 Posts
so how fast of a process is this all looking like? from the time you say your collecting payments....people send in their money. how long from that point would the coilovers take to arrive?....are we talking a few weeks?, a few months?

just curious on you time line on this......i could see trying to jump in on the group buy if the product is right but when it comes down to it im looking to do this soon. i can see myself putting the money out there and then being mad in a month or 2 if my product still hasnt arrived knowing that i could have just got teins and spent a little more money and had them on my door step in a couple of days.

61 - 80 of 1264 Posts