Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1264 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
/\ i also had a little fitment problem on my p11, but like Ace said once i got all the studs though and started tightening everything down it popped into place.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Did any b13 guys with the x2's have trouble fitting the coil overs through the front strut towers? It seems like mine don't fit, and I might have to cut up the strut tower.
I had to drill out the holes a little bit but that allowed for some added camber adjustability. As for the shock adjustments I did have to move the bolts on the strut mount next to each other in order to have them fit in the hole then move them to correct the suspension. You don't need to cut anything, just drill out the stud holes a little.

·
Pining for "DMSentra"
5,558 Posts
What part? The studs? I actually had to wrestle a little bit w/ my passenger side strut tower on my P11 to get the studs thru but once i got them thru and tightened them down I saw the metal pull itself flat and realized my strut tower was actually distorted itself and thats what was making it tought to get the studs thru!
I could have warned them about that. 10mm studs are a tough go in p11 towers for sure.

·
Registered
781 Posts
/\ i also had a little fitment problem on my p11, but like Ace said once i got all the studs though and started tightening everything down it popped into place.
I had this issue with my B13s, not so much with the P11s

we to hit the bolts with a mallet to line them up properly.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,227
I could have warned them about that. 10mm studs are a tough go in p11 towers for sure.
I'm not sure I would say its tough. All 3 corners of the my car went in perfectly and smoothly. Only took my about 15 minutes total to do both rears without any kind of issue, the only one was my passenger tower, but thats because my tower was distorted- Problem with the car, not the product

hey grimsta i join this group buy and i only gave the deposit. and i had to drop from the group buy. will i ever get my deposit back? plz pm me
I sent you several PMs, did not get a single word back for months and months until now. I shouldnt give the deposit back but its only fair, someone else ended up getting your sets, so you can get it back minus Paypal fees of course. PM me the date you sent payment and what name your paypal payments show up as. Thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
SR20s Rule did you get studs in your rear top hats?

Also, Siberian, SR20s rule and Ny5speed, did you have any reinforced plate or metal that went between the bolts and them going up into the top hats or did were they just secured into the metal top hat.

Grimsta, do you see what I am talking about?

Grimsta, were are we on that shipment. please include a couple additional bolts in thatshipment and with refernce to your pm; yes I am still interested in the sets of 2 B13s

·
Registered
88 Posts

Also, Siberian, SR20s rule and Ny5speed, did you have any reinforced plate or metal that went between the bolts and them going up into the top hats or did were they just secured into the metal top hat.

Grimsta, were are we on that shipment. please include a couple additional bolts in thatshipment and with refernce to your pm; yes I am still interested in the sets of 2 B13s
the studs were secured into the metal tophat. I havent installed the rears yet, but I must say the front is pretty low "the front tires tuck" this was with them preloaded. I installed them as low as they could go at first, but then my axles were binding up so I raised it 1/2" and they stopped binding.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had to pull the fenders out a little, and the camber is slightly negative.
these are X2s. the rear suspension is stock. the tires are 195/55/15 BFGs
Im buying new wheels soon 15x8. I may go with 195/50/15 or 195/45/15.

here's some pics.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I am running 205 50 R15 Azenis. How do you pull your fenders? Are those pictures of the rears coils. If so, they look way different from mines. Does X2s have pillow mounts in the rear as well.

mine look like this and came without studs

did you have the bracket on your rears tha secure the brake lines?

·
Registered
88 Posts
these are my fronts:

and these are the rears: mine have pillow ball mounts

my rear have a tab like yours but im not not sure if its for brake lines.

·
Registered
781 Posts
there suppose to be a tab for the stabilizer bar link and one for the clip however my reas only have one tab for the Stabilizer bar link. I am wondering if my top hats are strong enough to hold the bolts and the stress on them without any fortifying metal plate or anything as I dont want it to bend or distort or anything. I cannot understand why mine didnt come with studs.

Siberian and Ny5speed, does your rears look like mine with just studs in them.

Ace I need you in this thread like now to shed some light on this. yours looks great though SR20s rule

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,237

Your X1s are different from the X1s. They are constructed differently. I told you you are supposed to reuse your original mounting hardware for the rears, but if you damaged your original studs because you couldnt get them out of the original mount I could send you some studs.
And on the shipment its getting taken care of. The knobs have to come from the factory (its not going to take months to get the knobs), they are already on their way, so once they arrive, knobs, studs and stickers will be on their way to you.
But like I said, with the X1s you have to re-use your original mounting hardware for the rear. No other B13 X1s are going to come with studs in the rear, and thats how they are. If you damage your studs or cant get them out, you're just going to have to pick up some new OEM studs. The only reason we're sending Reece studs is because FedEx buggered up his shipping.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,240
so everyone is that got bent knobs gonna get new ones and everyone is getting stickers too?
Where did you get that from? This is REEDOM'S situation, what I responded to Reedom is for Reedom. You guys got license plate frames in place of stickers because of time. His stickers got shredded in shipping

In the knob situation we found almost everyone could just set the knob straight and it was good. His knobs were so banged up they wouldnt click. He put the other knobs in their place and they worked fine. So obviously those are damaged. From what I hear from everyone in the US if their knobs were bent, they just set them straight and they worked normally. But if the knobs were broken off or damaged to the point of non-function of course we would send out new knobs. I was going to, but then everyone was telling me their even tho their knobs were bent they were easily straightened and everything was normal

1221 - 1240 of 1264 Posts