Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been talking with cheapspeedparts about a group buy on the b&m short shifter for p10, p11, sentra, 200sx, basically anything with the sr20de. he is guessing that the cost will be $119 SHIPPED (us dollars). options auto salon lists this shifter for $150 before shipping. it might cost a few extra bucks for you guys north of us. what is the interest? either post here or shoot me an email ([email protected]).

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Every case I've seen, the people who've purchased them love them. From what I've seen these are very well constructed.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
my roommate won one in this year's Convention raffle. It's a REALLY beefy short shifter. The craftsmanship is very good, everything seems to fit nicely, they even come with a nice metal shift knob too. Too bad it's metal, in Az that'd be so hot in the summer if it was in the sun you'd have B & M imprinted on your hand after shifting =) Only possible downside is that I don't remember it being adjustable.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just talked to my friend about it, he also claims they are one of the best brands to buy.

Don't want to sound too ignorant, but does it mean when a shifter is adjustable? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can adjust the amount of throw the lever has before installing the shifter, but once it is installed you can't adjust it again unless you take it apart. i'll be happy with it as long as it is a shorter throw than stock!

(credit goes to g-forces for clarifying this for me.)

·
Registered
424 Posts
So far we have...

1) seneb
2) b-b00gie
3) G-loads (formerly v_knot)
4) jmgladden

other takers?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
47 Posts
seneb said:
you can adjust the amount of throw the lever has before installing the shifter, but once it is installed you can't adjust it again unless you take it apart. i'll be happy with it as long as it is a shorter throw than stock!

(credit goes to g-forces for clarifying this for me.)
hmm.. i have the B&M and i don't remember being able to adjust it prior to installation. maybe i have a different model? :confused:

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
The B&M isn't adjustable from what I've seen. I'm sure the throw will be very nice. The Stillen one isn't adjustable either.

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks g-loads.

this shifter is not adjustable. i was just answering jmgladden's question about an adjustable shifter.

----------------------------------------
From this forum:
1) seneb
2) b-b00gie
3) G-loads (formerly v_knot)
4) jmgladden

From AF:
5) g20turbovisioncrew
6) tizao

Via email:
7) [email protected]
8) [email protected]
9) [email protected]
10) [email protected]

·
Registered
522 Posts
One more silly question. Is the actual height of the shifter any different? I mean, will it sit lower than the factory one? Thanks again!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I believe the height is shorter than stock. The distance travel, however, is considerably 70% less than stock (2 inches travel instead of 6 inches).

·
Registered
522 Posts
70% shorter throw?!? Damn, never realized they made that big a difference. When I read a description on it, I thought it said that it shortened the throw by 2 inches, not made the throw two inches. Cool, thanks G-loads.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts