Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i think i've made up my mind. I'm prob. gonna go with GC coilovers with KYB GR2's. Anyone think i'll have any problems with that setup cause most people say GC's with AGX's?

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Yes actually your gonna waste your money. i know this chick which has the GC's and her car drives like shit shes already been through 3 set of shocks because GC sucks, there more like adjustable springs then coilovers. She had to get one replaced because the stick in the middle that holds it went kinda through the springs. but man its a mess and she ended up spending over $900 fixing her P11. Anyways do what you want she just got some H&R's because her car was on a three wheel motion. And dont get me wrong she might be a girl but this chick knows more about cars especially the G than anyone. HEr boyfriend has a supra running 10's and her parents own body shops in other words shes like the girl from the fast and the furious. ill post pics of her ride later on. Peace

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, anyone else have a say on this setup?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
tdog551 said:
OK, i think i've made up my mind. I'm prob. gonna go with GC coilovers with KYB GR2's. Anyone think i'll have any problems with that setup cause most people say GC's with AGX's?
I'd say get the GC/AGX setup. The GR-2's are stiffer than stock but the higher spring rate will wear out the struts almost as quick.

Domiken said:
Yes actually your gonna waste your money. i know this chick which has the GC's and her car drives like shit shes already been through 3 set of shocks because GC sucks, there more like adjustable springs then coilovers. She had to get one replaced because the stick in the middle that holds it went kinda through the springs. but man its a mess and she ended up spending over $900 fixing her P11. Anyways do what you want she just got some H&R's because her car was on a three wheel motion. And dont get me wrong she might be a girl but this chick knows more about cars especially the G than anyone. HEr boyfriend has a supra running 10's and her parents own body shops in other words shes like the girl from the fast and the furious. ill post pics of her ride later on. Peace
:surprised Although I don't know the details on what caused that, I doubt that it could have been because of the GC springs. What struts was she riding on?:-\

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I'll have to call Domiken's claim into question also. GC's do not suck. They are just a spring and threaded collar and pretty high rate spring at that. I'd be inclinded to blame the shocks she was using....what kind where they?

I do agree with MR RYTE that the GR-2 is too soft and will wear out almost as fast as stock ones. Stick with the AGX on teh GC'S You can get away with GR-2's on the Eibach's and such but the GC's are just too high rate.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: Re: GC's and GR2's

tdog551 said:
I wouldn't.

Domiken said:
Oh brother. If she's like someone from F&F don't try to tell me she knows her stuff.

Sorry to be harsh, but you're way off base here and saying there is something wrong with a product when there isn't. There is absolutely nothing wrong with GCs. I don't think you really understand about coilovers and dampers. If she is replacing dampers, I'll bet a 6 of my beloved Shiner Bock that she's either running inadequate dampers for the GCs or otherwise doing some thing wrong. We run GCs on our race car as do a huge number of people with absolutely no trouble. I'm going to be running them on my 944 race car. Koni offers essentially the same sort of kit. There is nothing wrong with threaded collars. Nothing. And I'll bet she doesn't know more about the G than me. And just because her boyfriend has a 10 second Supra and her parents own a body shop doesn't mean they know what they are doing with the coilovers. All it takes to get a 10 second Supra is money. You don't need knowledge.

tdog551 said:
Thanks, anyone else have a say on this setup?
I'm running GC/AGX. No problem. I wish the AGX bodies were shorter, but I knew that was an issue when I got them. I don't have the money for a Shigspeed set-up, but when I get around to another suspension for my G I'll build something similar to the Shigspeed.

I would not run the GCs with the GR2s. They GR2s cannot handle the spring rates you will get with the GCs.

MR. RYTE said:

I'd say get the GC/AGX setup. The GR-2's are stiffer than stock but the higher spring rate will wear out the struts almost as quick.

:surprised Although I don't know the details on what caused that, I doubt that it could have been because of the GC springs. What struts was she riding on?:-\

Bingo!! MR. RYTE knows the score.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, this really helps me out a lot!!!!

GC's and AGX's get order on tuesday!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!

About time, i have 150,000 miles on my car and it still has the original suspension.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Re: Re: Re: GC's and GR2's

Geo said:

I wouldn't.

Oh brother. If she's like someone from F&F don't try to tell me she knows her stuff.

Sorry to be harsh, but you're way off base here and saying there is something wrong with a product when there isn't. There is absolutely nothing wrong with GCs. I don't think you really understand about coilovers and dampers. If she is replacing dampers, I'll bet a 6 of my beloved Shiner Bock that she's either running inadequate dampers for the GCs or otherwise doing some thing wrong. We run GCs on our race car as do a huge number of people with absolutely no trouble. I'm going to be running them on my 944 race car. Koni offers essentially the same sort of kit. There is nothing wrong with threaded collars. Nothing. And I'll bet she doesn't know more about the G than me. And just because her boyfriend has a 10 second Supra and her parents own a body shop doesn't mean they know what they are doing with the coilovers. All it takes to get a 10 second Supra is money. You don't need knowledge.

I'm running GC/AGX. No problem. I wish the AGX bodies were shorter, but I knew that was an issue when I got them. I don't have the money for a Shigspeed set-up, but when I get around to another suspension for my G I'll build something similar to the Shigspeed.

I would not run the GCs with the GR2s. They GR2s cannot handle the spring rates you will get with the GCs.

Bingo!! MR. RYTE knows the score.
Im not even gonna argue about this one, go ahead and take it guys. I wish i can get her on this forum she would shut up a LOT of people. And no her boyfriend isnt all money these people grew up on this stuff but go ahead and misjudge everything. I was just trying to help out. Every car is different and the GC's feel and perform different on every car. Maybe because you guys have p10's its different and she has a P11. She was Henry Perez competition. Shit id be saying their great if i had them too, i have just seen many people unhappy with the GC's when i do go for a suspension setup TEIN is it.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Listen man don't get all pissed off on us. You said the GC's are shit because of something someone you know experienced. You never once mentioned the shocks she was using! I asked once but it went ignored.

I know of MANY people on various lists that have the GC's on P10's and B14/B15's. Now if you've done your home work you know that the P10 and P11 share the front suspension and the B14/15 and P11 share the rear. I have not heard of the problems that you mentioned on a PROPERLY installed GC/AGX setup. The other problem is noise but that can be solved with a little care when you intall them.

You need to chill when someone calls you on something for more info. I'll ask again, what kind of shocks did she have? The other problem might have been that she slammed the car and had stock length shocks (my guess). She wouldn't have needed the GC's or springs for that matter then because she would just be riding on bumpstops. With it setup like that of course the ride will be shit and you'd be buying new shocks quite often.

You should try and get her on this list, we might be able to learn something from one another. :beard:

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
I understand, i havent replied because i havent spoken with her. Once i do i will.

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Allright i got the info, it was the stock suspension, she explained that back in 98 when she got her 99 G20 right before 99 she got the Groundcontrols and barely any manufacturers made anything for the G. She had the stock shocks, because the GAB shocks were almost a grand back then because they had just come out or something. The car supposedly rode alomst higher than stock with the groundcontrols because of the stock shocks, Sooo she cut her springs on the coilovers. Guys yes you were right she never told me any of this except the part where she had to fork out a lot of meny. She explained about how bad they were not about why or how the stock shocks and the cut springs runined the ride so thats why i was misled. Peace

Same thing happened with some guy with a 99 black G, i would still go tein though :evil:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Cool man. I'm glad you looked into it. The GC's would tear stock shocks to shreads! Also getting the right length springs makes a big difference.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn, i thought there was gonna be a fight over this one.:rambo:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
tdog551 said:
damn, i thought there was gonna be a fight over this one.:rambo:
With so many against one?:confused:
Man, it would have been the worst beatdown you've ever seen. :dead: :hurt:
:bandit: :p

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just put up a thread about where to get them from cause i want to order them today, but once coximports.com emails me back, i'll either go with them or summitracing.com for the AGX's and i think it was eautomart.com for the GC's. I'll check on that last one again for you though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts