Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all i know some of the answers that will be comming like, get an intake, exaust, etc. but i am really wondering. i have a stock 96 g20. i am the second owner, the first was a 50 yr old school teacher, i will be sitting at a stop light and floor it and it seems like it is about to die. what is wrong. i know this car is not a turd stock. could my plugs be bad, wires, anything??? i just purchased a used plane racing intake with a jwt charger and nology wires but before i put them on i want to make sure everything is alright stock. any help would be nice. Second, once i install these parts how do i reset my computer to learn the new additions to my engine. thankx for all the help.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Go ahead and install the intake and filter, but forget about the Nology wires. They will not assist in any way on a more than stock SR20. You should buy a set of OEM wires, PFR6G-11 plugs (NGK OEM Platinums), cap, rotor, fuel filter, etc. and do a full tune up.

Also, make sure you clean out the throttle body real good. If he drove like a 50 year old school teacher would drive, I am sure it is completely gunked up.

That should be about it. Good luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
also advance your timing, it helped my ride out quite a bit

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I got Nology wires! Umm I wish I'd put that towards a rear sway bar instead! :(

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
No no no, you really missed out on the lower tie rod ends...the nice Honda style ones!!! Shiny = HORSEPOWER!!!!

You're slow off the line? Ummm, maybe because you might have an automatic. Do you?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
G-Forces said:
I got Nology wires! Umm I wish I'd put that towards a rear sway bar instead! :(
Damn! How much are those things new? The Nology wires that is.
I've never priced them because I read all about them not being of any assistance for a lightly modified SR20.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
NismoPC said:

Damn! How much are those things new? The Nology wires that is.
I've never priced them because I read all about them not being of any assistance for a lightly modified SR20.
Too freaking much. :( Not to mention I pulled half of them apart last time I checked my plugs. Am I pissed? I bit, but now I have a chance to shorten them a little since they were a little long to being with. :-\

·
Registered
411 Posts
just thrownen this out there and i dont even no if it is possible.

on my friends trans am which is auto, he gets off the line faster then all t/a i have seen. his secret is he has a 3100 stall and drag radials of course(and it is rwd w/ a v8).

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
my litl g20 said:
on my friends trans am which is auto, he gets off the line faster then all t/a i have seen. his secret is he has a 3100 stall and drag radials of course(and it is rwd w/ a v8).
Apples and Oranges :-\ That's like comparing my dad's 300zxtt to my G20, yeah mine's 5-spd, but his has like double the hp and the capability to build boost at the line. =) Even with my stickier tires and a 5-spd if I were to take off in his car it'll still blow the doors off my G20 at the start, even if I cut a killer 60ft time. weight transfer, gotta love it :-\

1 - 9 of 9 Posts