Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i recently bought '00 g20 and this thursday i was gonna get the tints done on it...i was wondering tho i have a black p11 and i wanted to get 36% tints all around. Does anyone have 36% tints on a g20 which is black? if so could u post up some pics of what it would look like? the tint shop is suggesting i go 36% in front as it is the legal limit here in toronto but go 21% in the back, actually i would like to keep a uniform look to the tints tho. I am curious to see how 36% all around looks before i go and do it tho because i dont wanna regret it later. Soooo anyways just wondering if anyone with a g20 black and 36% tints would be able to post a pic up for me to get some ideas lol. thanks again. :p

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Personally, I'd always go slightly darker on the rear window, simply because it's bigger and will let more light in, so even if it were the same % all around, the rear window would look lighter.

I have 35% on the back windows, and 25% on my rear window, I think.

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
On my green p10 (tan interior) i had 20% all around and I loved it, My new Black P11 had black interior, I was afraid the 20% would be too dark with the black interior so I went with 35% all around on the p11, its not as dark as I would have liked it to be, but i think the 20% on the black interior would have been too dark, also I prefer the look of the same % on all windows.

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
P10 20% all around: click on pics for bigger images

p11 pics coming soon

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
p11: 35% all around click on pics for bigger images
sorry crappy pics taken from my bedroom window

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh wow 20% tints looks nice and the 35% tints seem kind of light tho aaaaarrggh..thing is i have the tan interior leather color. dammit such a dilemma lol. i have to decide by thursday but anyways 20% tints all around is not gonna happen. The only thing i can do 20% is rear. I wish i could do it uniform tint % tho.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
i swaer i thought this thread said " getting TITS but wondering....." hahahaha i was like WTF!!!......whos getting implants! can i see em??

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
35% usually looks good. being that far north, it should be plenty dark. Now if you lived in the midwest or down south, I'd say 15% at least because the sun is Bright and Hot!

·
ʎןןnɟ˙˙ǝdo&#6
2,773 Posts
I have 35% on the front and 22% on the rear. I think it looks real good, not too dark and not too light. I think going too dark on tint looks real dumb, if it's not necessary.
This is the best shot I have though:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
^^^ Looks real good man!
I have 35% all the around, just because I like the uniform look.
Sorry no good pics of the tint yet.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wouldn't go any lighter than 20 %, i've never been pulled over due to my windows... when the cops walk up roll them all down =] also I might of skipped over this but what color is your interior?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh the interior is tan i guess that would make some difference as well. As it is i am thinking to just do the 35% all around.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Koojo said:
Damn you all...we can't have any tint in the front...bleh
Well you aren't in a lot of places but it doesn't seem to stop everyone breaking the law...

http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Consumer_Info/auto_statelaws.html
PA requires 70% light transmission through the front windows, as does CA (same as here in the UK). Std windows are about 82% so any film will take it below that.
OH requires 50% light transmission, WA and OR require 35%. WA is the odd one out though as that is the tint transmission, all the others are the combination of film and window.

So that's at least 3 illegal cars in here....

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
i have 20's all around and yes its illegal here in CT. on my mustang i had 35% on the front 2 windows, 20% on the back 2 windows, and 5% on the hatch. it was alot different on that car. it looked alot darker cause it was a small ass car and the hatch being so dark made everything else look dark. i had 35% all around on the G before and it was too light for me.

·
ʎןןnɟ˙˙ǝdo&#6
2,773 Posts
markbuts3 said:
..OH requires 50% light transmission..

So that's at least 3 illegal cars in here....
:p

I actually was pulled over for it a while ago. When the cop stopped me, I made sure to have the sunroof open so more light would be coming through the front windows. The cop asked me what % tint I had on and I told him I didn't remember but that I made sure to have the front windows lighter than the rears. After I had my window rolled down, the cop asked me to roll it back up and he put my ID behind the window as some kind of test. He said "Yeah, it does appear to be lighter.." then asked me where my front license plate was (oops!). I told him I bought the car in Florida recently and hadn't drilled the license plate holes yet (and still haven't ;)). Then he told me my front side markers need to be amber (replaced w/ red). I was shocked that a cop actually busted me out on the side markers, although I knew it was illegal. After all this, he let me off with a warning :cheese:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oooh ok anyways i just got back from the tint shop and got it done all 35% all around
i'll post up pics of how it looks. actually i wish i had gone a little darker in the rear because of the tan interior but actually its a decent shade to be honest. i really wanted the uniform all around look so im happy with it. just gotta remember to not open the windows for the next 7 days ouch. Glad i did this in the winter and not the summer. i was just wondering just to make sure there are window locks right? that small button next to the power lock button? if its pushed down should do the trick to lock the windows from accidentally being opened? i wanna ask cuz i just pushed it down but i dont wanna test it to make sure that was it lol. im so stupid i shoulda tried it before they put the tints on? puhahha oh well. i'll post pics soon of it, actually i have pics but on the phone and i dont think it would turn out so well. Sheesh car so dirty tho man >.< anyways im happy with this first change to the car and it is an improvement. The good thing is i went to a place called ziebart's to do it and they give a lifetime warranty on tints :p

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
in my p10 if i push the window lock button it locks all the windows EXCEPT the drivers window, so if your car is the same as the p10 you are still gonna have to remember not to push it. perhaps you can pull the fuse??

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
put masking tape over the switches to remind urself not to touch them, my tint place does this for me every time

1 - 20 of 20 Posts