Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine temps slowy rises above normal when i am sitting still or slowly moving sometimes.....but if i turn the A/C on it drops back down rather quickly....does anyone know what my problem is? Thanks

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
yeah it sounds like your engine fan is not working. you have two fans in your car one that turns on when your engine starts and one that truns on when you turn on your ac. now if your engine temp drops when you trun your ac on it's because the ac fan is cooling the radiator(the reason that your car cools down when you are driving is because the air is cooling the radiator). just check to see if the engine fan is blowing when you start the car with the ac off, if there is no fan going then you need to figure out why it is not turning on.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they both run when i turn the A/C on but neither do when the car is just running...what could be the problem?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Also, make sure that your thermostat is working properly. Really no way to tell, except to replace the thermostat and drain your radiator. Refill then go drive. If it still get's hot sitting still, then it's the fan switch like P10 WRC had stated. Might be a bad relay, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts