Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a 20V motor underway to drop in my P11 trackday/time attack car.

Plan is not to crazy, Fujitsubo VE header, Xcessive plenum kit with big throttle body, Q45 i think.
Maybe a crankscraper and windage tray.

Drop in my P11 ignition system instead of the COP setup. Run my DE ECU with Nistune and a RPM window switch. Some lightweight pulleys and my Fidanza flywheel and that's about it.

Mated to my RS5F32A with 5.0 FD and Quaife LSD it should give a nice motor for the track without to much troubles, i hope. :)

More updates soon!

·
Registered
46 Posts
for what its worth, id swap the 20v cams out for n1's, and buy a good 4-1 header, to work with those 5.1 gears. dont change the oem dampner for a lighter one. contact nistune there about the ve upgrade they have (brings cam change from the de egr, raises to 9k tuning). might* work for your ecu.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for what its worth, id swap the 20v cams out for n1's, and buy a good 4-1 header, to work with those 5.1 gears. dont change the oem dampner for a lighter one. contact nistune there about the ve upgrade they have (brings cam change from the de egr, raises to 9k tuning). might* work for your ecu.
I'll look into those things, thank you!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, maybe that ATi dampner is a good investment... Every mile with this car/engine will be flatout on track, so engine will have a hard life.

About the N1 cams... They would need clocking, which means ajustable cams gears, which means convert to old style SR20 timingchain & gears, because i don't think there are any 20V adjustable camgears available...
With that i would also need to upgrade the springs and retainers, which are hard to get hold of, becaue 20V specific.
Maybe i'll rob another bank any time soon... :naughty:

Also read something about VET runners...
The 20V and VET runners have the same headflange, becaue they have the same 8H6 head.
But the VET has a "P11" style oval port on the plenumside of the runners, where the P12 has round ports... Would there be any performance difference between both these runners?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, maybe that ATi dampner is a good investment... Every mile with this car/engine will be flatout on track, so engine will have a hard life.

About the N1 cams... They would need clocking, which means ajustable cams gears, which means convert to old style SR20 timingchain & gears, because i don't think there are any 20V adjustable camgears available...
With that i would also need to upgrade the springs and retainers, which are hard to get hold of, becaue 20V specific.
Maybe i'll rob another bank any time soon... :naughty:

Also read something about VET runners...
The 20V and VET runners have the same headflange, becaue they have the same 8H6 head.
But the VET has a "P11" style oval port on the plenumside of the runners, where the P12 has round ports... Would there be any performance difference between both these runners?
if by "clocking"you mean degreeing, dont bother, just run them. after market cam gears wont work with the p12 chain, and changing chains is quite involved.

if going the high rev route, you could sacrifice a bit of low end torque, and put on an excessive plenum on your p12 lower runners (maybe ported out a bit). that will clear up a bit of the standard manifolds restriction, and raise your max hp rpm point by approx 500rpm.

https://xcessivemanufacturing.com/nissan-intake-sr20-n-sr20ve-p12-bp.html

https://xcessivemanufacturing.com/nissan-intake-sr20-n-sr20ve-p12-bp.html

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
The Fuji header is good for power up to 7000. N1’s drop in will make peak power straight up (no cam gears) around 8000-8500 depending on what header you have. Best bet is a good 4-1. I have seen a lot of larger aftermarket Plenums make more power above 7500 only so it really depends on your use and where you want the power.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the Fuji header is what i'm gonna use, because i have it lying around here for a couple of years now. Had it for a nice price back then. If i was in the market for a header now i would have bought a 4-1.

With the OEM ECU with Nistune, at aprox. 8000 rpm it's at it's limits i was told. The ECU can't keep up the calculations with the actual engine speed or so to speak. So that's where my limit will be around anyway.

Also not planning to throw another couple of grand on this engine any time soon.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Cool. I picked up a P11 Fuji header for my 20V.

Now I just need to someone that can install all this junk.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the 20V engine on my engine-stand now, took al the crap off that i don't need/use.
I noticed the fuel rail feed is different from normal SR20, what's the solution to that?

And to what RPM the stock springs are safe with 20V cams?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the 20V engine on my engine-stand now, took al the crap off that i don't need/use.
I noticed the fuel rail feed is different from normal SR20, what's the solution to that?

And to what RPM the stock springs are safe with 20V cams?
rpm question- alot over where the cams will stop making power

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, i have only one crappy pic from when i picked it up.

Things goin' quite slow due to the fact i injured my back while dragging the old DE across the shed... :(
Will make more pictures soon! :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the pic, nice looking VC.

Hope you can continue your rebuild during the next weeks.

Everything here is shutdown until mid april, we cannot even go out of our houses.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have our limitations in the Netherlands also. Bars, restaurants, hotels, brothels, schools, etc. are closed. We can still go outside, but who knows for how long? Lets hope this thing is over with quick. Take care!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts