Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
its a good amp for the money, i used to have a kenwood amp in my old ride, loved it...

its rated at 300watts and the sub is rated to handle 250watts, good match...but the sub can easily take between 400-450 if you'd like...but that amp should be sufficient and its should pound, good luck.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
GOOD CHOICE!

That Kenwood amp packs a good pound! I had it in my old Civic and transfered it into my G20. The lil' blue light strip adds to the look too! It's currently pumpin' two Kicker Comp 12's in my trunk and I love it!! I still need to get a Cap (they look hot) ;) I ran a clean wire job in my trunk and I kinda' hid the amp against the back of the rear seats... Beautiful. I'll show pictures when I get them!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nismoboy1 said:
its a good amp for the money, i used to have a kenwood amp in my old ride, loved it...

its rated at 300watts and the sub is rated to handle 250watts, good match...but the sub can easily take between 400-450 if you'd like...but that amp should be sufficient and its should pound, good luck.

You must be talking K mart watts or something. I know that a W6 (which holds more power than a W3) cannot handle more than 300 watts a sub in 12". I'm talking about real watts, here volts * amps = watts, not that RMS crap.

·
Registered
138 Posts
jayntguru said:

You must be talking K mart watts or something. I know that a W6 (which holds more power than a W3) cannot handle more than 300 watts a sub in 12". I'm talking about real watts, here volts * amps = watts, not that RMS crap.
nope, i'm talking about real watts also which "IS" RMS...root mean squared...not the MAX or PEAK bs...wattage will fluctuate regardless of its ratings anyways...because speakers/subs will give off different ohm loads at different frequency levels...

check out the sub chart at jl's website...

http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/RP_Chart.html

it shows that the 12w3 (and 12w6) can handle all the way up to 500w and still be under factory warranty...this is coming from the people who make it...so give 450 watts to it and it wont even break a sweat...but anything more and you put it in the black zone, it won't be covered.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
I have a 12W3 powered by the Kenwood 600w amp. I have it bridged so it gives it 300w power. The thing sounds real good, but sometimes I wish I had an amp that would give the sub 400-450. But otherwise, a real good amp.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i think u might be a little late on this thread gtrider. boy u sure are bring up alot of old threads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts