Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 40 of 12050 Posts

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
damn Max taking our potentials...! hahaha!
What the heck do you want with all these G's Max???

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
yes, rly!
how's the weather in Jersey fella's? We are suppose to hit 55 today. =)

we should just use one of Max's extra G's.... ;)

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i'm going back down tomorrow after lunch... i'm headed to meet a friend now for late lunch, then dinner party... tomorrow morning i'm free, but nothing will be open. are diners gonna be open?

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
i just called on that 99 p10 auto for $3k...sold.
there's another one for $3600...nice black one. It's been for sale for 2 mo now b/c has an idling issue. Probably MAF, IVAC, or something like that. If I can get it for $3k or so, cool. I'm calling in a few...

UPDATE: the black one for $3600 is still available...I have him negotiated over the phone down to $2800. The CEL light is on and he says the code is for the MAF. He is 80 miles from me...what a drive!!! Looks like i'll be driving up on Christmas day to take a look at it. $2800 with 118k miles on the clock. =)

might end up with a p11 ... ;)

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
try not to set any records this time, eh?
i don't think i'd ever be able to beat the sub-10 record.

i just called on that 99 p10 auto for $3k...sold.
there's another one for $3600...nice black one. It's been for sale for 2 mo now b/c has an idling issue. Probably MAF, IVAC, or something like that. If I can get it for $3k or so, cool. I'm calling in a few...

UPDATE: the black one for $3600 is still available...I have him negotiated over the phone down to $2800. The CEL light is on and he says the code is for the MAF. He is 80 miles from me...what a drive!!! Looks like i'll be driving up on Christmas day to take a look at it. $2800 with 118k miles on the clock. =)

might end up with a p11 ... ;)
damn dude, one second it was $500 and now it's $3600? lol... tell you what, you can put your business and max can put his band across the body panels and sponsor the whole shebang. :naughty:

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
i don't think i'd ever be able to beat the sub-10 record.

damn dude, one second it was $500 and now it's $3600? lol... tell you what, you can put your business and max can put his band across the body panels and sponsor the whole shebang. :naughty:
10 hrs from NJ to ATL? You beat me. I've done it in 12-13 hrs....and that was MOVING but DC traffic and the DE Mem bridge kills everything. WTF were you doing man? That's about 850 miles...

no, no....the $500 is for the track car...the $3600...which I can get for $2800 is for the mother in law to drive while she is out here for a month...and then an extra daily for me. ;)

Drive safely.....!

I believe the $2800 P11 will be a daily driver for him.
Exactly, you were paying attending. Thanks Ronnie....
The car needs a MAF. They have them at Auto Zone for $275.99, wondering if I can get a used one off a 1994-1996 obdII. I'll have to search around...don't want to spend $300 bones. :baffled:

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Exactly, you were paying attending. Thanks Ronnie....
at least ronny knows how to splel corectly. :cheeky:

i was browsing the net and saw stuff where people auto-xed a nova. that would be interesting, haha!

and brian, don't use 85 to 95. through pa and wv and the va panhandle. there are faster and sustainable triple digit segments along that route. wait. did i say that out loud?

·
North Star Fighter
3,216 Posts
the best cars to auto-x are miatas, mini coopers, and lotus elise/exige in my opinion. the smaller, the more nimble, the better. between the three or four of us, we can really make any car we want "fast". but relying on the natural dynamics of a vehicle for their suspension is where you really save money and time. we won't have to "dial in" for a car that handles naturally well due to it's original suspension design and weight distribution (aerodynamics will hardly affect our performance since we really won't be going any faster than 60-70 if we get a course with some good straights.). but of course i still love the idea of a g20, because there aren't very many other FF cars that can naturally handle so well. and i know a few people that have built their g20's to keep up with m5's and m3's on the track pretty well, without putting too much money in.

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
trip update... i drove the first 550 miles, we just switched and gellian is doing the speed limit trough the remainder of virginia. mile marker 102 on I-81 outh at only 65 mph FTL. the po-po are out and about tonight. but, broadband wireless on the road FTW.

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
sweet man, sweet. I can't spell today, that is for certain...!! Drive safe!!!!

I looked at the 99 G20 this afternoon...was around 175 mi roundtrip in the rain. Car had 119k miles. Idled very high...around 1200 rpm and missing very bad at idle. As soon as I rev and hold around 3k rpm, it runs very good. Slight miss every so often at that rpm...therefore I ruled out burnt valve(s). After the research on forums, looks like it could be a MAF, cam sensor off the distributor...or perhaps a weak injector. Don't know for certain, that's why I didn't buy it. Other than that, the car drove pretty well for 119k miles. Struts a little worn, probably need replacing soon. Brakes and tranny felt strong.

Again, ran like crap on idle...definite miss. I tried adjusting the idle, disconnect the MAF sensor and it still ran like crap on the idle. Car seems to have normal power while you are driving or if you floor it. ---- just the freaking idle.

I dunno.....Ronnie, what's your 2 cents?? Can we fix this car cheap???? ----or is it gonna be a PITA money pit???

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
rumpity bumpity thump.

max called and said the two project cars are $900. i told him to tell the guy $750. the only problem is where to put them. any volunteers? my place has a full garage and 1 non-running car already.

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
Saturday 12pm
Gerards house.
Somebody call me Saturday a.m. and remind me to bring my electrical tool kit.
I like my beer lite...or free. Don't matter.

Please, please, please give Max step by step directions. Or draw him a map w/a crayon. Last time he drove around and couldn't find your place. I had to wait outside in the cold....! blah. Then when I saw him flying down the street, G's poor neighbors B-lined for a cul-de-sack to avoid getting mowed down by Maximus.

Oh, I PM'd Ainsley....someone should call her. ;)

21 - 40 of 12050 Posts