Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

12001 - 12020 of 12052 Posts

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
True. I guess so long as it is an automatic and u get traction ---shouldn't be too hard. :)

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,004
lmao.... the truck wouldnt be too bad. it doesnt have much power..... unless i put the nova's 406 in it. it would make for one hell of an adventure

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
how is this thread still going?

hehe
Don't mess with the south...yankee boy. LOL

lmao.... the truck wouldnt be too bad. it doesnt have much power..... unless i put the nova's 406 in it. it would make for one hell of an adventure
I would do a BBC in the truck. Get a used longblock (500). New gasket kit, rings, rod bearings (150), big cam (150), intake (200), headers (150), and 850 cfm (400) est $1650. (remember the GM goodwrench will cost you $1500+ with 260hp) and you would still need headers. The BBC will be in the 400+hp and 500+tq.

...........and hell, sell the running 327 now. Can probably get over $500 oil pan to carb. :)

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
a quick trolling of craigslist for BBC yielded a couple of 454's....however, I believe out of your price range.
Pull a part V8 is UNDER $250 w/accessories. :)
The hardest part is locating the engine and being first to get it. Next PITA is pulling the engine.....HOWEVER, based on my experience there are ppl there you can negotiate a price for them to pull the engine. Throw in the back of a pickup truck and head back north. LMK if you find an engine.......

Part NameStandard
Price With Core
Charge
Add

8 CYL ENGINE W/ ACCESSORIES 176.39 55.00

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
happy birthday to OLD BASTARD GERARD.....!!!!!

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
clutch on b14 finally DIED a horrible death. I suspect the springs in the disc broke.....which I was expecting sooner than later due to the inferior quality purchased by the previous owner.

Time to tackle my first FWD clutch.....lol

Won't spend a lot on this clutch. I smell a V8 with 6 speed in the future. ;)

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
who's coming over to help on the clutch install????
Anyone????
hmmmm?
:)

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
Clutchmasters FX500 looks like what i will be getting. About $300 shipped. It's a 6 puck that the Sr20 forum guys recommend and have had great success.

Started up the b14 today. Couldn't get in gear. Shut off then put in gear and pressed clutch halfway. STarted up. So get this. Push clutch to floor and it starts to move FWD....clutch halfway in and remains still, perhaps a little creeping fwd. Release all the way and it moves FWD. Very curious to see WTF the issue was/is. My money is on broken clutch springs. Ebay 6 puck so Lord only knows.

Enough about me........what's up with y'all????????

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
finally ordered a clutch for the Nissan......
dammit.
also a test pipe since i don't have emissions, nor OBD2 any longer. ;)

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
here's an idea.
someone else reply. :)

·
Old Man Brian
7,536 Posts
Nice brake setup...can't wait to see it stop!!!

12001 - 12020 of 12052 Posts