Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was inquiring about a engne swap and tranny swap for my car and this is the reply I reieved...:alien: do these figures sound over priced? I drive a automatic G20t '99

Yes we can do It...
about $4k and 3 weeks

Jason Garrett Young
JGY Customs
MT. EMPIRE INDUSTRIAL PARK
P. O. BOX 550 ATKINS, VA 24311
(540) 379-1848 Fax: (253) 660 8740
SR20DE(T) installs and parts
Sentra/G20/240sx performance
[email protected]
www.jgycustoms.com

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
If your getting a DET plus a manual Tranny with all associated components...ie: clutch, pedal assembly, ecu, etc...etc... then yes its a GREAT deal. Hell a DET and Tranny would easily run you $3000. Better make sure it will be complete ready to roll once you get it installed.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
humm...

Hummm It's a good price you say? Now the only problem is getting the car to Va. I Also may wanna think about waiting for my warranty to run out before I any major mods to it. Does intake and exhast void out your warranty if you know? What about new cams?:dead:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Wow, i don't know who you got your DET quote from but i've found it for about 1700 (includes wiring harness, ECU, tranny ((FW or RW)), and engine w\ components.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
well, if the mods are not that obvious, then what can they say. Exhaust and Intake are pretty obvious so that could void it. Cams on the other hand, especially JWT ones are ground on oriigonal Nissan Billet blanks, so they (the techs) wouldnt know the difference.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1700????

was that 1700 for all the work that needs to be done also? If you look at the first thread it has all the info from the persons quote.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
tdog551 said:
Wow, i don't know who you got your DET quote from but i've found it for about 1700 (includes wiring harness, ECU, tranny ((FW or RW)), and engine w\ components.
Yeah, but most of the trannys that come with the DET's are auto...go figure...so plan on spending $500-$700 + Shipping for a manual tranny + Plus all other associated stuff for that tranny.

·
Registered
19 Posts
det swap in baltimore??

any1 know of a place in baltimore that will do it i know a few peep from the local shops that keep telling me they know people that will do it.....if no 1 can give me an answer i'm gonna end up doing it my self damnit..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mmm..... Dont tell anybody, but I can get a DET with ECU and distributor for around $2600cdn. Labor would be free. But I dont know if its worth doing on my car. Reliability is important to me, and so is my money right now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
92G said:
I just called Jason at JGY and he said it would be about 8-9 hundred for a tranny conversion with everything.
You just ansured the exact question I asked on another thread. ie: swap in 5 speed. So it can be done and its not that expensive.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I got a manual trans put in do you think it would void my warranty? Would i have to have it doen by the infiniti dealership?:monkey:

·
Registered
520 Posts
yes it would void your warranty. Unless of course you let Infiniti do the swap. But you'll have to sale some bodyparts to pay for the install.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
selling parts amrs legs...

thats hella true becasue when Iwas in my accident if I had the dealership do the work, it would be totaled, but talked to 3 other shops who could have done the work and not totaled it. I just got it back last week and dam am I happy they fixed it. I would have still owed money on it after I got the insurance money for it.....:dead:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Alright hold on...my G20 is a piss slow automatic. What kind of speed improvements can u get outta the DET? I have an auto too so do we have specs for a stock P11 (no mods) with the DET engine swap?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well to my amazement most DET's come with automatic trannys (go figure) but I could'nt see why you would want the turbo version of our engine, with a auto tranny? If you want specs try http://www.se-r.net/ lots of info there. I hate having a automatic, (kinda) but look at it this way at least we look better than manual civics. For more DET Info and Pricing go here http://www.heavythrottle.com/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts