Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can buy new tires in northern nj? I live in Fort Lee which is right next to george washington bridge. ive seen a bunch on tirerack and other websites but i think its best if i go check it out in person and see what they say.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
buy tires online. you wont get a better deal elsewhere. plus you can read reviews and so on. the guy at the store is only gonna tell you what you wanna hear, then your gonna pay twice the amount that they are online.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
+1^^^ you should be looking for a place that does mount and balance for a decent price. unless you are buying wheels at the same time. then Tirerack will mount and balance them for free and all you gotta do is change 16 nuts and 4 wheels, and use a jack

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ive asked a couple questions around the forum already for tires and ive heard a bunch of recommedations. thanks for all that, but how do i know what ur personal preferences are? maybe ur on the budget and u thought those tires were best for it, or maybe ur an aggressive driver and recommended those tires. too many diff circumstances for me to really listen to recommedations on the forum.

so i guess i should rephrase my question- what kind of tread patterns should i be looking for / what kind of treadwear rating should i be looking for / which brands are best for my driving.

only thing i need to say about my preference is i dont mind spending up to $100ish per tire and i need all season tires that can clamp down on high speed turns.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
mvppalisades said:
i just assumed that local tire stores will give discount prices compared to online. i guess not?

im not aware of too many things that can be found cheaper locally as opposed to online. everything is cheaper online.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
go to tirerack search for tires by the size you want, and select performance all season tires. it will give you choices and stick with the good name brands. Michellin, perelli, dunlop, goodyear there are others. you can read more in the tire description. personally i dont like tires below 350 tread wear as they wear too fast for me even though they tend to grip the road better specially when its dry. plus they have a indepth tire tech section there to learn more about tires

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
one other thing - try seeing which B&M store does a price match...then take the quote for the tires you found online to that store..NTB usually price matches to Tirerack IIRC...

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
My tire guy in Midland Park...he runs a Tire Discount Center there...its a small shop, one bay, one other guy helping him but he's pretty knowledgable, fair priced, overall good person to deal with...

12 Godwin Ave
Midland Park, NJ
201-612-0090

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
mvppalisades said:
i just assumed that local tire stores will give discount prices compared to online. i guess not?
Local shops can not give btter deals than online merchants, mainly because online merchants has a very large consumer base, than smaller local shops.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
Crying Freeman said:
You can't go wrong with www.tirerack.com or www.discounttiredirect.com. I've been ordering tires from them online without any problems.
those are the 2 best tire sites for sure. ordered from them many times myself. ive also had them ship my tires to a local shop for me so i dont even have to bring them there to get mounted. quick shipping also.

ERIKbronx said:
Local shops can not give btter deals than online merchants, mainly because online merchants has a very large consumer base, than smaller local shops.
+1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts