Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well these were used and damaged when I bought them...bought it off ebay and didn't have much pictures to show the damage...so I took a gamble and bought them because I LOVE SSR rims. I used to own the original SSR GP-O but also loved the new one SSR GP-O evolution. Well I bought them for really cheap and received them...checked damage and it was pretty much repairable for only $50 but I wanted to do something different...so I sent them to my rim/tire guy and got them taken apart and repolished the lip and painted the face bronze. I wanted to originally powder coat the face but the dish is plastic and cap and face isn't. Plastic doesn't work with powder coating of course. Anyways I took some pictures today and here they are.

Here is the link to the pics. I'm using imagestation so please excuse the lagging of their hosting.

This link is to pics of what my old setup used to look like about a year ago. 18x7.5 Heidfeld Three-piece with H&R springs.

I know my car looks like an off-road vehicle but I ordered my AGX and GC last week but will take abit. Anyways enjoy the pics and give me feedback on them...

If you guys are wondering what other rims SSR makes then try this link
http://www.speedstar.co.jp/ Oh and this site is also slow but mainly cuz its all the way in Japan.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I love the 5Z Heiderfields a lot so I prefer them over the SSR wheels. I plan on getting a set of 17X7 Heiderfields in the winter. But the SSR wheels do look very good on your G20.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like the rims but personally I loved the look you had with the old rims and when they were silver. But if you like them then keep them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man...yeah I am one of those guys who gets sick of the rims quick...when I first got the car I had 17" SSR GP-O original version three-piece rims and then I wanted bigger wheels and got 18" Racing Hart C5 one-piece and then I wanted three-piece again so I got the 18" Heidfeld Three-peice. Now ultimately I found a deal and jumped on them and got the 18" SSR GP-O Evolution three-piece. My friends think I am crazy but all and all I didn't lose much money considering I roled on these rims for a long time each and used up the tires...Anyways I still like the heidfelds but got sick of the small lip....The GP-O I have now have twice as much lip now and I am much happier...

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Tony: Looking good, glad to see you getting back into the swing of things.....so how did that turbo upgrade go? The engine is still in one piece, and Ill be tearing it apart starting next month...thanks once again....:lol:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Your RIM guy did a great job. Those rims are actually the same style I have-but mines are BSA and black with a chrome lip..

I luv the bronze idea -it shows some originality and looks real good on your black G

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think your new rims look REAL tight on a black G. I like that look.

So - what's the deal with the old rims? for sale maybe? (i'm interested)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Rims looking good. Nice and original. Overall good job.

·
Registered
470 Posts
looks really phat man.

I don't know personally I liked that sleek smooth freakin badass look you had before with the 5zigen but these look good too.

Nice very nice.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I wanted a change...I do miss the way the car looked before with the 5Zigen but I sold them awhile back and was just rolling around totally stock. Now I got the itch again to make my car stand out and decided to keep the car since the payment is done. Now I have some extra money in my pocket to mess around with...I'm still debating possible T25 BB turbo setup. The same setup I had in my room before I had to sell it to pay for the motor swap I had to do. Well anyways I'm waiting on some suspension and some possible minor engine work...VERY MINOR this time. I don't want to mess with the engine too much anymore till it gets alittle bit older and since its my daily driver....I'm about to hit 70K in my G this week.

Yahnozha Hey buddy what's up!!! Well the MR2 is finished except for the injectors. The car is driveable and is being driven around by my brother on stock boost (somewhere around 11-12lbs.) Anyways the turbo spools well and keeps boost now at high rpms instead of the stock CT26 turbo droping in the last 1,000 RPM. I'm alittle busy these days but will be putting the 550cc injectors in and will get it tuned at 17lbs. of boost. I'm guessing we will hit 300-350Whp easy....Good luck with my motor..errr...I mean your motor. Keep us updated on the progress of the build up on your site...Anyways take care...later

·
Registered
138 Posts
yo man why you jocking my style??? lol j/k man...looks tight...i dont know if you remember but i had gold axis se7en's for a while and it looked real tight...i always had people asking "why?" and i always tell them its different and it attracts a lot of attention lol

but i wanted a change and got some 17" 5zigen typhoons in hyper-silver, looks very clean and shiny and plus i got a deep-ass 3.5in.+ lip lol

i'll take some pics soon and post them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey sup...yeah I remember and your little icon thingy has your car with the rims....My original plans was to paint the face gold (NO not the bling bling gold) but my rim guy said that the bronze cap wouldn't match at all...so I changed it to match the cap.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Didn't get a chance to reply till now. Glad to see you're keeping the car man. Looks sweet!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts