Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Got wrong part from GC...I don't know what happened.

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TY423 
#1 ·
ok...ordered my ground control 3 weeks ago. Got them today and saw the box said 95-99 Sentra/200SX. I thought that was kinda odd....I double checked my invoice and on that it said 95-99 Sentra/200SX/G20. Anyways I took it home and tried to install the front two pair....It was the wrong kit!!! The front springs were too long and would be almost impossible to adjust upwards even at the lowest point on the thread. Now I'm pissed. The kit came with some diagrams of a 200SX/Sentra but not a G20... I didn't try the rears cuz I know those fit since its the same on G20 and 200SX...I then remembered that the fronts are 95 G20....Argh....so now I'm going to try and swap the front pair for the right ones and keep the rears.

Basically this:

Front KYB AGX-------95 G20
Rear KYB AGX--------95-99 Sentra/200SX

Front GC Kit----------95-99 Sentra/200SX
Rear GC Kit-----------95-99 Sentra/200SX

So match them up and see for yourself which ones would be compatible.....yup I got screwed..

To make it worse I already popped one shock assembly and now can't put it back to stock since the spring needs to be compressed. Plus....I just got my car back today after a clutch job and repainting the front end...I also shaved that amber bumper marker off so its flush now....Geez this sucks...

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey George...the marking as in what numbers are printed on the springs? well here they are:

The GC kit was 6030.03 for 95-99Sentra/200SX

Front Spring #: 180.64.61

Rear Spring #: 150.64.53

Pretty much the same as this guys kit on SR20DEforum.com

I returned it today and they let me keep the rears set but the fronts set are being return in exchange for the correct 95 G20 front setup.

#5 ·
TY423 said:
Today I called Ground Control and they said YES I do have the wrong kit....They don't have one for our year...THE CATALOG IS WRONG!!! You are going to have to get it custom kinda like the KYB AGX....95 G20 Front set and the 95-99 200SX/Sentra set...
That should work. Good luck. Let's hear a report when you're done. =)

#6 ·
Yeah it should I hope....I have good news though...The one corner that I took apart the suspension is now reassembled and reinstalled.....Today I took everything to my shop I go to but I forgot to mark the alignment from the shock body to the upper mount. Argh!! stupid me and I had to go to work in 15 minutes. Anyways I have a spring compressor but I thought it wouldn't work since it didn't really work on my friends Honduhs. Anyways I needed my car tomorrow so I tried it....man I got lucky it barely compressed enough for me to screw the nut on...Well I used some hand force and aid from my brother to compress it alittle more while he put the nut on....man was I relieved...anyways put everything back together and went for a test drive...now I got to wait 3 weeks till I try it again...

So remember guys the part number 3060 or 3040 or 3045 is NOT for the P11....3045 is for the 95 G20 and 3060 is for the 95-99 Sentra/G20....so you need to mix and match these two sets which they pretty much GC calls a custom application.

Anyways here is a link to some pics...Ty423's Yahoo Photos The imagestation I was using uses a sucky Easy Uploader thingy and it 50% works and 50% doesn't do anything. Anyways if the link doesn't work let me know..Thanks

#7 ·
What a mission!!

hey that really sucks, too bad you have to wait about three weeks. So what you saying is that when i order my kit i have to mix the part numbers and tell the shop that i need the front from a P10 and the rear from a B14. Im starting to hate my car, but when its all over il love it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.