Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if there is anyone out there who has removed the governor. if so did it add any hp or change ur car in anyway other then letten u top it out?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
my litl g20 said:
i was wondering if there is anyone out there who has removed the governor.
You could try voting him out of office. If that doesn't work, there are other ways to remove him, but the Texas Rangers might want to get involved.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: Re: governor

Geo said:

You could try voting him out of office. If that doesn't work, there are other ways to remove him, but the Texas Rangers might want to get involved.

or you could just send him to DC and call him W.

·
Registered
201 Posts
my litl g20 said:
i was wondering if there is anyone out there who has removed the governor. if so did it add any hp or change ur car in anyway other then letten u top it out?

this is pointless. i don't even think you or i (p10) have governors. if we do, which i don't think so, their would be zero gain.
btw-where the hell do you plan on going 140 in the G?

removing the governor doesn't ever change hp on cars. it only allows the cars to go faster.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya that is what i thought but one of my retarted friends said that if i take it off it will increase hp.

i dont even think my car has the power to get to 140.:*(

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
My P10 did 124mph, and probably coulda pushed a little further if there wasn't traffic.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya i have gotten mine up to 120mph but that took so long that i figured i should just let off. It still had some power left in it though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah, I hit 150 ! I didn't have a sixth gear so I went into neutral :) oh yeah, it was down a really long and steep hill.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I hit 125+ thats all my speedo shows....anyways thats also when I blew my motor. I believe no G20 ever had a governor/speed limiter...I know that some 200SX owners buy P10 ECUs because it gets rid of their crappy 117mph or was it 115mph limiter and supposedly little better performance....but for the G no use cuz we don't have it..

Also the stock tachometer isn't so accurate just approximate.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
my litl g20 said:
ya that is what i thought but one of my retarted friends said that if i take it off it will increase hp.

i dont even think my car has the power to get to 140.:*(
Notice the key word in the first sentence (actually, i'm pretty sure it's spelled wrong, but oh well) ;)
If it's stock getting it up to 140 would take a VERY long time if it's even possible. And like everyone else has replied there isn't a speed limiter (or if there is it's REALLY REALLY fast!) I have yet to find one on my 95, but I also have no need to go over 140+mph. It's not like I'm racing my car in the Silver State race in Nevada or anything.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had 135 on the clock but my girlfriend asked me to slow down. Does that count as a governor?

No, it wasn't in traffic, yes is was a huge bit of straight motorway, and no I wasn't racing anybody (well not after I'd topped 115), I just wanted to see what would happen on a huge empty bit of road if I kept my foot down.

No, I've not been anywhere near that speed since.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
lol

My lil' g went up to a whopping 122 going straight line in the Neveda desert.. wahoo... but who really cares.. the G20 is not exactly the car one thinks of when wanting to speed..

The fastest I've driven in the street (LEGALLY EVEN) was back when Montana had no speed limit.. I got up to 162MPH in my Porsche! YEHAAAA!!!!!!!!! Now there is a car to drive fast in!!!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mista McCoilover said:
My P11 topped out at 110mph.

WHAT!? 110 MPH? I got my P11 to 125 and it wasn't even red lining yet

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
125+ But i would say like 129MPH on the way to Orlando. On stock wheels, with the rims it doesnt go past 118MPH, well it takes longer.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
what?

I have the strong opinion that the guy saying he got his g20 up to 150 is lying...

OR he's got a turbo in there...

OR his speedo is way off because of non-stock tires/rims

OR he had a hellofa downhill and wind on his back.. and maybe a sail on the roof too!

135 is what I would believe on a downhill -- but NOT 150..

Prove it! GPS proof will convince me.. a GPS handheld placed next to the speedo and a photo taken of both at the same time while you are able to see the road too in the background -- no Doctored photos either please!

SORRY but I'm just being realistic guys!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
127mph is pretty realistic, I think. Just get a nice straight road, don't be scared of a slight curve, and don't look at your speedo. Have someone else see it for you. The more you look, the more you get scared and you slow down.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts