Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to get a new shock strut... i have a tein-s lowering spring on my 02 G20... i am currently using the stock shock struts w/ tein springs in it. which is better of these two shock struts? i want my P11 to run comfortably... i don't like to run my car bouncy... can you guys help me out which of these two should i buy? thanks

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'd spend the extra money and go AGX.

You can toy with the stiffness until you find the settings you like, while the GR-2's, you're kind of stuck with what you got.

·
Registered
483 Posts
DUDE! I just posted the same question up, I was curious to know if this setup would work, but i guess i know now. I'm using my standard GR-2's by the way...kinda broke right now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how is the GR-2 installed in your car feel? are you using tein springs?

im looking for a comfort ride yet lowered...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
gr2s are a little rough on bumps..but on a smooth road they feel great..i can only complain that when there are multiple continous bumps it feels rough..i'd upgrade to AGX's when i get the loot..by the way ur stock struts will be dead after a few months of lowering it..and gr2s after a year or so..neither are made for lowered cars..while agx's are..

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
agx's wont last long either. if you are tight on money, go with the Gr2's expecialy if you put alot of miles on your car since it wont cost as much to replace them.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i thought that agxs were the better bet to go with lowering springs?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i should go on gr-2's then.... they are like 67$ a piece compared to AGX for 169 a piece. since i don't go on performance, just for looks. so GR-2 all the way then..

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Oh guys, i got my Teins + GR-2's done...i must say it's not as bad as i thought. The suspension ride feels similar to my girlfriend's 2003 Altima, but lower :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TurboTwenty said:
Oh guys, i got my Teins + GR-2's done...i must say it's not as bad as i thought. The suspension ride feels similar to my girlfriend's 2003 Altima, but lower :cool:
my mom has an 06 altima... i love the ride... il just get the gr-2's then.... thanks for the info... appreciate it...

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
ive got some front gr2s for you, youll have to source some rears. theyve only got like at most 2000 miles on them. lmk if youre intersted =)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
for reference
allahsone said:
Ok so here are the pics the bump stops i have on the car now are generic. they are made of a harder rubber....
1st pic is just bumpstop
2nd pic is the bumpstop with the lower bushing that p10det is talking about..
3rd pic is bumpstop lower bushing and the tophat
4th pic is the lower cushing as you can see its been bored out.. the rubber is pretty much deteriating.

so when the lower bushing goes on the the strut it useuall gets stoped by the metal ring on the strut... but because the rubber is worn out and old.. it is able to pass the metal ring...

1st pic is how its supposed to be..
2nd pics is how the lower bushing was found...

for now i will go buy a washer to get the car back running untill i get the parts i need.... the there are 3 items i'd like to get... oem bumpstop,oem lower bushing,oem upper bushing (the bushing that sits on the top of the tophat). do you know if this is what they are called.. i dont want to go to the local dealer and sound like a tard trying to explain to them what i need.. last time i did that the guy was an ass.....maybe justinp10 can help me out here....

whats diffrence between oem bumpstops and the koni bumpstops... adavantages disadvantages... price difference... thanks....

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
reference. you may need to add some spacers above the mount for thread engagement on the top of the shock
markbuts3 said:
I'll tell you exactly what's wrong because I've seen a couple of others do the same...

The stock dust boot has a metal washer on it that goes on top of that metal ring on the damper rod.

You can see it below the rubber bush on the attached pic.

The bush then sits on top of that, then the top mount, bush above that and then the washer and nut. You've either changed dust boots to a different brand without the metal washer, or the metal has rusted through.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts