Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just found your forum and think it's really cool. I own a Primera Sport+ (2001 model) and love it to bits.

In fact this is my second.

Anyway, i wanted to ask from whom i can import performance parts and accessories for my Nissan?

Thanks for help. :bandit:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, brilliant, just what i wanted.
But i don't think i'll post a pic of my car just as it's completely standard. lol

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
kango forgot to say you wont get any bits for the p11 144 in the U.S as they never had that model over there.But you might be be able to get things like cold air intakes and headers mate as the engine is the same as the p11.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, im just learning about the car designations in the US and UK.

I know there are engine diffs between the two SR20DE engines such as lack of roller rockers on the US variant, but what other differences are there?

I'm really after an induction kit, but haven't got a clue which one and where to get it?

Heeeeeelp !!!! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P11GT said:
Hey Kango, always nice to meet fellow UK owners, good luck with the tuning.
Thanks, i'll need it. :) Very new to this game. I'm still learning.

From what i've been reading, the first thing i could do is an induction kit. I have read that there are two that i can choose from.

K&N 57i and HKS.

Which one is best. I am after improvements in the mid-range and not necessarily at the top end. I do a lot of M-way (freeway) so i want overtaking power in top.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, i read about them. But, a couple of questions.

Do i need to relocate the battery and will it fit my P11-144?

If yes to above i might invest in my first upgrade :):)

Where'd ya gett it?

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
welcome to the forum and while your at it check out p11gt's website itss very infomational and nissanprimera.net can help you get alot of stuff around your way...
this is going to be a bit tricky cuz i rarely see anyone post about the 144 asking for parts
but heres afew link to chek out
link with lots of pics of g20's and primera's

another 144 here on this forum
link

scrapyard parts
link

here is a good link on the model designation of p11's
link

another owner on the other forum
link
link2

body kit link for primera
link

right rear fog light inquiry i dont know what the rear foglight is but here you go
link

good luck and have fun here man
casual

·
Registered
139 Posts
I do a lot of M-way (freeway) so i want overtaking power in top.

I found that advancing the timing to 19deg and removing the big intake resonator in the wheelarch makes quite an improvement to motorway top gear overtaking on my UK '94 P10. MPG gets even better as well, I get 42mpg on long motorway 80mph trips mixed in with a little bit of A-roads.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice, thanks for the tip. Think it's time to start looking under the bonnet :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just noticed that on the P11-144 the air is sucked from within the engine bay, not through the side like on P10/P11.

There is no hole, so i think i'll have to go with a non CAI induction kit. I like the look of the HKS one.

I think my warranty will be null+void if i startcutting holes through the side.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
so is the p10/p11 mate if you look closer there should be a hole in the bottom of the inner wing next to the battery.The airbox goes thrugh to a resinator though that hole.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts