1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
yes, they are ....

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I've had mine about two years and I love them, best mod i've done so far, too bad it's the most expensive so far too =)

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah i have them and i justgot home from racing on the street with them, they are pretty good i just need some better shocks..
definetly buy them if you can. but get adjustable shocks

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Justin what are you GC set at ?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
poppy_morenito said:
Justin what are you GC set at ?
the height of them? or the spring rates?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
JustinP10 said:

the height of them? or the spring rates?
Sorry Actually I wanted to know both.. I had mine done at a local shop .. the set themthe same at Georges but the height acutall looks lower than hen I had the Intrax .... the mechanic said it was becuase he cut the bump stops ....

I am was just curious becuase the ride is great ... I got so used to the bumpy Intrax... I think I am in someelse's car ....

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Well, with the way my car is setup right now, i'm all the way down in the front , or as low as it'll allow me to go. nd the rear is level with the front as far as wheel gap (still a couple turns from the bottom). That was before I got it corner balanced... now it's a little off from that, the fronts are right near the bottom (had to move them up to allow adjustability) and the rears are adjusted to help with the corner weight. this is with an 8" spring in the front and a 7" spring in the rear. Spring rates are 340/250. Hope this helps. BTW, mine are no where near as low as the intrax were on my car. I'd say about 2-3 finger gap all around. closer to 2 in back, closer to 3 up front.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That is very extreme.

Your GC setup is very radical also cool. I was thinking about buying GC or HKS on my 95 G20t; howver, I was afraid to have alignment problems and uneven tire wear. Also, in Illinois, I can't find any good shops that can fix up on Nissan cars. I am happy with OE touring springs on my car after putting new OE upper links.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I will try and post my OEM vs INTRAX vs Ground Control Pics ....

OEM ride was best ( or most comfortable ), but GC is a VERY Close second, Third is Intrax but it felt great on the Highway ( until a bump ) and turning was like slot racing ..... but for the street every bump felt like the Materhorn some days .. better for the suburbs ,,

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
poppy_morenito said:
I will try and post my OEM vs INTRAX vs Ground Control Pics ....

OEM ride was best ( or most comfortable ), but GC is a VERY Close second, Third is Intrax but it felt great on the Highway ( until a bump ) and turning was like slot racing ..... but for the street every bump felt like the Materhorn some days .. better for the suburbs ,,
The intrax springs are very deceiving, they feel like you are cornering very well, very flat, however in reality you are just on the bumpstops, so if you hit any sort of bump turning, you’re likely to start sliding, as you don’t have any suspension travel to soak up the bump :confused: I pushed it a couple times with my intrax setup (when it was on the car) and if i pushed it hard and hit a bump, i'd get horrible bumpsteer and the car would just do whatever it wanted to do :( Not fun. The GC's are awesome, on the track they really shine. =)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
How much does the Ground Control setup cost, and is it a better deal overall than getting all-powerful TEINS....?

·
Registered
67 Posts
FF Drifter said:
How much does the Ground Control setup cost, and is it a better deal overall than getting all-powerful TEINS....?
GC cost ~$500, plus the cost of whatever shocks you get (AGX or Koni). I don't think tein makes coilovers for the p10

·
Registered
586 Posts
FF Drifter said:
If your interested in the Teins, I think they make them for the P10. Luke is planning a GB on them, you can check out the thread for info and pricing:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t33097.html

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
JustinP10 said:

The intrax springs are very deceiving, they feel like you are cornering very well, very flat, however in reality you are just on the bumpstops, so if you hit any sort of bump turning, you’re likely to start sliding, as you don’t have any suspension travel to soak up the bump :confused: I pushed it a couple times with my intrax setup (when it was on the car) and if i pushed it hard and hit a bump, i'd get horrible bumpsteer and the car would just do whatever it wanted to do :( Not fun. The GC's are awesome, on the track they really shine. =)
You are right I remember hitting bumps while I was turning and feeling like I hit a patch of ice. And I live in Miami....

I have two finger gap in front ( 1.5) and two in the back.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
suspension

I was told that JIC had a better product than of ground control. The ones for my car are abour $1700. But, my car is a 99 I'm not really sure if they have for the P10. It also depends what you want to do with the car. If daily driver no point of droping 2Gs on suspension. www.jic-magic.com is the site in case your intersted.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Re: suspension

NATURAL81 said:
I was told that JIC had a better product than of ground control. The ones for my car are abour $1700. But, my car is a 99 I'm not really sure if they have for the P10. It also depends what you want to do with the car. If daily driver no point of droping 2Gs on suspension. www.jic-magic.com is the site in case your intersted.

JIC is the best for the G but its little more costly then the Teins.
Oh and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that '99's and up are P11.

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
FF Drifter said:
Dude, they are far from all-powerful.

Konis would be a big improvement from AGX. You can get them from Shigspeed.

Hell, you could get full race dampers from Koni. Some assembly required. ;)

There are a number of other excellent choices as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts