I'm about to order the GC/AGX combo and here's what I know:

GC recommendation - 340f/250r unsure about length
Geo - 275f/200r 7" springs
-great ride and handling, may be coil binding up front
Poppy - 275f/200r 8"f/?r
-great ride, haven't come across any comments on handling
Justin - 340f/250r 8"f/7"r
-great handling, unsure about his comments on ride

I'm wondering where your spring perches are at on the threaded collar front and back. I was thinking of ordering 300 8" for the front, to keep from coil binding and either 250 or 225 for the rear (unsure about length for the rear though). What do you guys think about this combo. The car is daily driven with usually 2 - 3 passengers besides me (car pooling to work) and will see occasional track use (whenever that is - Jason?)

TIA for any input
Joe

:cool:

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I find my ride is very close to stock. Def. firmer but not nearly as hard as the Intrax that I had. If you look at the pics I posted you can see that the car actually sits lower than before with the Intrax springs. I believe that I had a better installer the second time around becuase He told me that the bumstops were not cut when the Intrax where installed. I gave the Geo's measurements to copy

My friend has the new 3 Series BMW and he agrees that the ride is as nice as his and the handling may actually be better becuase the car is smaller. I can do 50 on curvy on ramps all day. The suspension is stiff to the Push. Ask Illusive 2002 he saw my car in person and pushed on the back... it was stiffer than his ...

is that enough ? else buy a ticket and fly to Miami to drive yourself....lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What length was your rear spring and how high were the spring perches. Were they at the bottom or top of the collars? Sorry for all the questions but I want to be ready with all the specs when I order.

Joe:cool:

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
JG20 said:
What length was your rear spring and how high were the spring perches. Were they at the bottom or top of the collars? Sorry for all the questions but I want to be ready with all the specs when I order.

Joe:cool:
Sorry I was not there for the install. I was busy shutting of people's electricity that day ...

I'll see if I can find out for you Mon.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
JG20 said:
The car is daily driven with usually 2 - 3 passengers besides me (car pooling to work) and will see occasional track use (whenever that is - Jason?)
There is a track day at Shannonville on Saturday May the 11th. It's sold out but you can come down and hang out with the guys. I'd suggest joining the se-r-club-canada mailing list. They tend to just invite people they know resonably well so this well better your chances of being informed. :D You can join a lists.deskmedia.com and just head under the se-r-club-canada link or something like that you can't miss it.

BTW I'm not racing, don't want to tempt fate since I'm off to Van the next day. :paranoid:

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
JG20 said:
Justin - 340f/250r 8"f/7"r
-great handling, unsure about his comments on ride
I really like the ride now. It's far and away better than the ride quality of the intrax springs, and compared to stock it's definitely stiffer, but i wouldn't call it too harsh. My parents have driven in my car and they don't complain, infact my dad wants something very similar to go into his 300z when he (which really means me) replaces the suspension. Tucson has some VERY poor roads, they are all torn up and bumpy, yet my car isn't too bad, no one has complained about the ride yet, only time i can really notice it, is in the UofA parking lots going slow, when i go slow in teh really bumpy parking lots, it's pretty annoying, but, it's like that in most any car too. I've been very very happy with the handling and ride quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts