Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I install my ground wire kit (Mautai) what is the best way to wire/connect it if I have my battery relocated in the trunk ? It is a bit far out to hook up 1 ground wire all the way to the battery. So what would a wise move (apart from moving the battery back to the front, a move I do not even want to consider).
Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Loek said:
If I install my ground wire kit (Mautai) what is the best way to wire/connect it if I have my battery relocated in the trunk ? It is a bit far out to hook up 1 ground wire all the way to the battery. So what would a wise move (apart from moving the battery back to the front, a move I do not even want to consider).
Any suggestions ?
Well, I did my ground wire to the trunk and then did the ground kit in the engine compartment.

I measured out roughly 14-16 feet at the most for both wires. I figured that since I had everything apart it was way easier to do both than to say oh let's run another wire to the trunk. I used 1/0 gauge, but you could do 0/0 gauge if resistance was a huge issue.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Just run the ground wire to the body frame in the trunk area. Every single sports car I have ever had that had the battery in trunk was wired this way from the factory.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hamzter said:
Well, I did my ground wire to the trunk and then did the ground kit in the engine compartment.

I measured out roughly 14-16 feet at the most for both wires. I figured that since I had everything apart it was way easier to do both than to say oh let's run another wire to the trunk. I used 1/0 gauge, but you could do 0/0 gauge if resistance was a huge issue.

jjacob said:
Just run the ground wire to the body frame in the trunk area. Every single sports car I have ever had that had the battery in trunk was wired this way from the factory.
Thanks.
I will install the ground kit as planned in the engine bay and leave the relocated battery alone. that should do it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Loek said:
Thanks.
I will install the ground kit as planned in the engine bay and leave the relocated battery alone. that should do it.
are you going to have a sound system with amps in this car? I was wondering how the grounding will work for you. I may have to reterminate my ground to the trunk if I get engine noise in my audio system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts