Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 278 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since there are a few different threads, to make things easier let's condense this all into one thread.

This is for a Group Buy on the Tein SS Coilovers for the 1999-2002 G20.

We need at least 5 people to make this price happen.

Pricing: $780 + shipping

Note: Less than 5 and it'd be $850 shipped.

There's only one catch with this. They won't have all of them in stock at Tein over in California, so it may be a while before the remainder arrive here in the US. I called them up today and they don't have an ETA on the next shipment yet.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tealturboser said:
whats the date we need to get money in by and also payment options?
See updated post...

Jan 31st.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Justin, you know I am in. You guys take AmEx right? Any chance of picking these up to avoid shipping fees, or is that non-negotiable?

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Bump for a GREAT deal!! You WON'T be disappointed with these! I have'em and I love'em! And once you compare the costs of buying struts/springs/MEP mounts separately (AGX Strut set $500 + Tein STech Springs $120 + MEP Mounts $185 (P11 only 1" frt/0.75" Rr)= $740 + 3 separate s/h fees. SO, an extra $40 and a single s/h fee) you're getting yourself a much better setup (IMO and alot of others!) Not to mention, I understand new MEP mounts are not currently available, and if they are, I hear they'll be alot more expensive!

I've got my setup dialed into a little less than 50mm drop, and like I said, I love'em!

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
slimlou said:
I've got my setup dialed into a little less than 50mm drop, and like I said, I love'em!

Your car still looks as high as a Jeep.... :naughty:

·
Registered
128 Posts
slimlou said:
Bump for a GREAT deal!! You WON'T be disappointed with these! I have'em and I love'em! And once you compare the costs of buying struts/springs/MEP mounts separately (AGX Strut set $500 + Tein STech Springs $120 + MEP Mounts $185 (P11 only 1" frt/0.75" Rr)= $740 + 3 separate s/h fees. SO, an extra $40 and a single s/h fee) you're getting yourself a much better setup (IMO and alot of others!) Not to mention, I understand new MEP mounts are not currently available, and if they are, I hear they'll be alot more expensive!

Did you do the install yourself? I have the old Ground Control with Primera Koni shocks and I am afraid of the nightmare it will be to do the uninstall and install the Teins. The dealer I am sure will violate me in many awful ways to do the work.

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
slimlou said:

did you need to adjust the camber at all? how are you tire wear patterns?

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
demonR6 said:
Did you do the install yourself? I have the old Ground Control with Primera Koni shocks and I am afraid of the nightmare it will be to do the uninstall and install the Teins. The dealer I am sure will violate me in many awful ways to do the work.
Do you a have a G20 P11 or a Primera P11 ? There is a difference as far as the rear shock/towers are concerned on a Primera. Front is no problem, the same on both cars.
Teins were made to fit the P11 G20 especially. Do a search, there are a lot of write-ups about this. There are some folks in Europe who managed to fit Teins to the rear of their Primeras, but not without some issues, iirc.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Loek said:
Do you a have a G20 P11 or a Primera P11 ? There is a difference as far as the rear shock/towers are concerned on a Primera. Front is no problem, the same on both cars.
Teins were made to fit the P11 G20 especially. Do a search, there are a lot of write-ups about this. There are some folks in Europe who managed to fit Teins to the rear of their Primeras, but not without some issues, iirc.
That's interesting 'cause I have some US Tein SS on order at the moment. Prior to ordering I e-mailed Tein Japan & asked if they had them for Primera and they told me that the P11 G20 ones would bolt on to our Primera P11. I posted the question on G20.net too & was told the same thing by someone who sent them to his brother overseas. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks and will post up the results once they're in, the response from Tein is below. I've looked at the posts of those who struggled with the Teins & they seem to be the UK spec P11s, which are different to JDM.. I hope so anyway :baffled:

Dear Clint,

Thank you very much for your interest in TEIN high performance
suspension products. As you were informed by Autolign, we no
longer offer Super Street kit for HP11 Primera.
The Infiniti G20 kit will bolt on however, it is going to be the
special order. For more information regarding this special order, kindly contact
Autolign again for further assistance.

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Best Regards,
Yosuke Chikamatsu
TEIN SALES

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
I have the feeling that there are some differences between the EUDM Primeras and other models. The rear strut-towers on the EUDM Primeras are different: shock/springs assembly is attached to the bottom of teh chassis, while the G20 assembly protrudes and is attached form the top, on the inside of the trunk. I've seen this ' live' when we did the install on Slimlou's G20 P11. On my car, a EUDM Primera, his assembly would not have fitted. The shocks were longer too for the G20. All Koni shocks for EUDM Primeras are shorter than those for the G20. I have compared them myself and had to learn the hard way.
Maybe the New-Zealand Primera has the same characteristics as the North American model ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've just pulled the lining in the trunk of my car & the rear shocks bolt through the inside of the trunk just like the USDM ones do. I'm just about to go to work so don't have much time but will try take a pic when I get home & post it up.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
You should be OK then. Glad to hear that. Another lesson learned.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I might be interested, how stiff of a ride compared to stock? I'll probably not go very low with them because this is my wifes car. what is the ride height range for these compared to stock? like .5 in to 3 inch drop? if my wife thinks these are to rough when she drives it she will be pissed. i'm planning on running a 215/50/17 tire to maintain some comfort as well. I have KW coilovers and 235/40/18 front 275/35/18 rear on my mustang and it rides alittle stiff for my taste

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
ok the Tein page states that the adjustment range for SS's is -2.09in to -2.91in frt and -1.18in to -2.83in rear, seems like this might be lower than I want to go, but i could of swore that someone had posted the were running there's at -35mm about a 1.4inch drop. is this just the recommended adjustment range to prevent bottoming or over extending the shock rod? or do the springs come off the perch if you raise them too high? or is that all the available thread on the body? what gives?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
SgtDGun said:
I might be interested, how stiff of a ride compared to stock? I'll probably not go very low with them because this is my wifes car. what is the ride height range for these compared to stock? like .5 in to 3 inch drop? if my wife thinks these are to rough when she drives it she will be pissed. i'm planning on running a 215/50/17 tire to maintain some comfort as well. I have KW coilovers and 235/40/18 front 275/35/18 rear on my mustang and it rides alittle stiff for my taste
They ride VERY soft as long as you don't try and run them too high up in the adjustment range and start preloading the springs. Once you start to preload the springs they'll start to ride a little more stiff, but even then it's not too bad. I've driven in probably 10+ different setups for both the P10 and P11's and this is the best street setup I've been in yet. I prefer this setup to stock because stock feels too loose and the car feels very disconnected from the road, imo. This solves that issue, but still maintains a very streetable ride. Soaks up the bumps well, etc...

The tallest tire you're going to want to run is a 215/45/17. If you go taller than that you'll have issues with the tires either rubbing, or you'll have to jack up the car so high to keep from rubbing that you'll end up preloading the springs and it'll actually ride worse.

As far as the drop goes, there's a TON of room to lower the car. I'd say the realistic range is probably around a 1.5-3+" drop. But don't forget, the dampers are shortened, so you'll gain a lot of travel back as well. My car is pretty low and I've yet to bottom out or scrape on anything... the shortened shocks help a LOT with that.

1 - 20 of 278 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.