Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the GTiR calipers and rotors are the same as the P11's? or at least the same mounts and diameters?

I was wondering if a big brake conversion destined for a GTiR would bolt on happily to a primera/G20

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
xenobait said:
Does anybody know if the GTiR calipers and rotors are the same as the P11's? or at least the same mounts and diameters?

I was wondering if a big brake conversion destined for a GTiR would bolt on happily to a primera/G20
Nope. It is a direct bolt-on to the Sentra SE-R. They are the same brakes used on the NX.

The 300ZX 4-pot calipers can be used with some modification to the rotors. Spacers make be required to clear the wheels though (back side, not diameter).

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
brake swop

Rich,the GTIR disc's are similar to the p10,a friend had a big brake conversion for a GTIR on his P10 but i'm not sure if he had to make any mods in order to make them fit.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, did a little more hunting around. Gtirs seem to have smaller brakes. go figure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
xenobait said:
yeah, did a little more hunting around. Gtirs seem to have smaller brakes. go figure.
That is not true the GTiR has much bigger brakes

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Nonelower2001 said:

That is not true the GTiR has much bigger brakes
Correct. I have the GTi-R (NX2000 in the US as well) brakes on my SE-R. The GTi-R rotors are 26mm thick IIRC, a good 3-4 mm thicker than the US P10 brakes.

Well, then again, who knows what comes std in each country?

Anyway, the GTi-R rotors are 257x26. IIRC.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
brake swop

I hope you guys in th U.S are talking about the sunny GTIR.In the UK the P11 GT has bigger disc'c than all the other primeras including the P10.The P11 GT disc'c are 279mm and the P10 are between 246mmand 257mm all depending what model you have.So to answer every bodies question the P11 Gt has bigger standard disc's than the Gtir sunny.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I keep forgetting nobody else has the GT's........

I suppose this means we've found an easy brake upgrade for all the US spec p11s then. not bad.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: brake swop

GT UK said:
I hope you guys in th U.S are talking about the sunny GTIR.In the UK the P11 GT has bigger disc'c than all the other primeras including the P10.The P11 GT disc'c are 279mm and the P10 are between 246mmand 257mm all depending what model you have.So to answer every bodies question the P11 Gt has bigger standard disc's than the Gtir sunny.

xenobait said:
I keep forgetting nobody else has the GT's........

I suppose this means we've found an easy brake upgrade for all the US spec p11s then. not bad.

Durn tootin' there mate!

How thick are the rotors? Can you get part numbers and pricing? Pretty please? =)

This is the coolest P10/P11 news I've heard in a long time.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll see what I can find for you mate, if I haven't told you within a week, bug me, cos I've forgotten.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Random facts:
  • Brembo's big 4-pot, drilled-rotor kit for P11s bolts directly to B15s with no modification.
  • B15 brakes are the same as L30 brakes, which are practically identical to U13 brakes.
  • Other upgrades for L30s and many for U13s also fit B15s.
Could Nissan's parts interchangability be getting orders of magnitude better than it used to be? :) I'd be willing to bet that any improvements to the braking system for a B15 (like this one) will probably snap right into a P11.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
brake swop

The only other thing to check is the stud pattern on the gtir cos with out checking a can't remember what it is,but i'm pretty sure its the same as the primeras P10 and P11.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
P11 butting in....

So what about the P11?
Are the P11 brakes larger than the P10, and are the P11 GT brakes larger than the P11 G20?
And what about Calipers, do they run the same too?
:crosseyed

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
the P11 GT disc is bigger than other uk primera's and also bigger than the uk p10 primera's.I'm not sure about the g20 you will have to measure the diameter of your disc.Also the p11 caliper is bigger on the Gt.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
This was from another thread a couple days ago where I posted the P10 specs out of the FSM. hope this helps to compare US Spec brakes to others. =)

JustinP10 said:
The NX brake upgrade is meant as an upg for an SE-R. I don't know the exact specs between the NX and P10 calipers, but I thought that the G20 calipers were already bigger than NX calipers. I've never heard of the NX upgrade being performed on a P10.

Here's the specs for P10 brakes.

Front: CL25VA disc brake
Cylinder Bore Diameter: 57.2mm
Pad Length x Width x Thickness: 125.6 x 46.0 x 11
Rotor Outer diameter x thickness: 257 x 22

Rear: CL9HA disc brake
Cylinder Bore diameter: 33.96mm
Pad Length x Width x Thickness: 89.1 x 39.5 x 10
Rotor Outer diameter x thickness: 258 x 9

(all measured in mm)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
P11 brake rotors measure

11.0" x 0.9" up front (279.4mm x 22.86mm)

10.2" x 0.4" in back (259.08mm x 10.16mm)

This was taken from a 2002 G20

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Somebody asked if the pattern was the same; it isn't. As Geo said before, the 'R brakes fit the B13/B14 (4x100mm). P10s and P11s use the "big" pattern (4x4.5"). Even if the 'R brakes were bigger than P11s, they'd have to be redrilled.

Aside (forgive me, I drive a Sentra), my B15's front rotors (stock) are quite a bit bigger than the NX brakes, which are the same as a GTi-R, no? Assuming a G20s front rotors are only as big as mine, they're still bigger than an 'R.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Hmm... I wonder if the B15 SE-R's use the same brakes as the P11? Those cars have a 4 x 114.3 bolt pattern (same at the G20) and their front rotors are right around 11 inches as well?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It's not unreasonable. Like I said much earlier before, parts designed for your hubs (rotors, brackets and calipers) fit our cars with Zero modification. The '00 SE has the same brakes that the '02 SE-R Spec-V does, though, so don't pull your hair out looking for Spec parts. I'm not saying they're the same, I'm saying they'll fit. XE and GXE model Sentras have different rotors and calipers; I can only assume they're smaller, but don't quote me on that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts