Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a 93 GTiR motor. i have everything needed to slap in but i have a couple of questions first. the first one is i need a longer throttle body cable (as told by the previous owner) but he couldn't remember where to source it from. anybody on here know? second is would i be able to use his ser axles on my p11(its a b14 trans)?

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
I would tell you to search for my Gtir swap thread but that thing is 9-10 years old and I'm sure I would have fun finding it.

The stock throttle cable will work, you will just need to make a new bracket for it to mount it. I believe it bolts to te valve cover

You need to use p10 or p11 axles depending what chassis you have. I think you said a p11 so you need p11 axles. If you use a LSD trans then you need LSD axles. SE-R axles will not work.

My best advice for wiring the engine is to use your harness from your car and adapt it to the engine. You will need to change injector plugs. Lengthen a few wires to a few sensors and I believe swap outter wires on the TPS because it rotates backwards.

If you plan to use the stock GTiR ecu then I suggest using a jumper harness or repin your ecu plug to use that ecu

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so even though its further over on the intake manifold the p11 throttle cable will work? he showed me that there were two throttle grips i think they were called the p11 throttle cable will still work? and ok so even though its a b14 lsd i still need lsd p11 axles? not a problem. he provided the stock ecu and harness and a jwt ecu and harness. is using my stock harness and adapting it to the engine still better?

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you are planning to use stock hoses, you'll need a regular SR20 upper water neck. The GTiR one is a different size. Otherwise you'll have to get a GTiR specific upper hose. I'll buy the GTiR water neck off of you, lol, I accidentally bought GTiR hoses, and would rather use the neck than to try selling these (I bought green ones, ha ha).

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
Our throttle cables are 5 feet long. I don't think you need a longer one. Lol.

If you want to try to keep your car so that it will pass plug in emissions then you need to keep a 94-96 setup in there so it can pass readyness.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are planning to use stock hoses, you'll need a regular SR20 upper water neck. The GTiR one is a different size. Otherwise you'll have to get a GTiR specific upper hose. I'll buy the GTiR water neck off of you, lol, I accidentally bought GTiR hoses, and would rather use the neck than to try selling these (I bought green ones, ha ha).
not familiar with this engine where is this hose? i have the stock sr20 hose and gtir hoses. so you want me to switch them and sell you the neck off the gtir?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm talking about the little water neck that bolts on the side of the head that the upper radiator hose goes to, lol. Just giving you heads up that you have to buy GTiR specific radiator hoses if you keep it. If you switch it, let me know and I'll grab it from you :teeth: Ha ha

Here's a picture

·
Registered
339 Posts
For spark plugs, I'd probably run heat range 7 NGK iridiums personally. I've had great luck with those for stock-ish power levels on my S13's SR20DET. I run heat range 8's now, but it's a fully built motor with a lot more boost, ha ha.

As for oil, just make sure it has a lot of zinc in the oil; SRs have a lot of high pressure contact areas (cam on rocker arm, rocker arm on shim and rocker arm on lifter) which require a high film strength. I'll be trying out Valvoline VR-1 Racing Oil in my VE, and I've been using Rotella 15w40 diesel oil in my built DET for break-in. Haven't decided on a synthetic yet now that the break-in is done, lol. I used Royal Purple on my DET for about 140k miles before I did the build, and when I pulled it apart, everything looked like new and it still had perfect compression (had about 200k miles on the clock). All three of those oils will work, just depends on how much you want to spend and if you want to use synthetic or not. The Rotella is cheap and available anywhere, but it requires an oil change every 2500 miles or so, because it will break down faster than the synthetics.

Hope that helps, lol.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok iridiums from ngk good thing i didnt get platinum. i thought for royal purple and synthetics you need to start young this motor has around 50k on it. its not gonna be race kar or anything previous owner said it dynoed at like 239whp so any castrols good? thats what ive been using in my DE and its worked wonders but my DE is making a lot less power haha

·
Registered
339 Posts
I started Royal Purple around 60k (whatever mileage came on the clip, lol). If you only have 50k, then now is the time for a synthetic. Castrol regular oil is not very good except for fairly stock N/A motors. I use it in my stock KA24DE, but I would never use it on the VE or DET. Platinum plugs run hotter than iridium, so they aren't good for anything but stock motors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.