Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from vacation to find hail damage on my G. the only place it hailed in all of the denver metro area was my parents subdivision. now i need to find someplace to fix it. anybody around denver w/ recommendations?

also, the cold (from the rain/hail) and then heat turned the small crack in my windshield to two major cracks all across. $200 bucks to fix that so that's not too bad.

needless to say i'm pissed. the G is my baby and it's literally always clean and i love that car, but lately it's been making me mad. i've also contemplated selling the G and buying a 97+ maxima.

btw, i don't know if this post should be here or in maintanance so if you're a moderator take care of it, and thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
that's it!

the G is the subject of too much careless abuse, natural causes or human - this needs 2 stop!!!

BTW - perhaps we should have a Damages Forum, looks like a good place 2 air our frustrations and pain, when our Gs are hurt like that!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good call on the damage forum. maybe a damage/fix/quote section.

i'm going to get some estimates today or monday so i'll let you know what the real damage is going to be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is a good place in Boulder for body repair. The company I work for takes their fleet vehicles to "Perry's Boulder Auto Body" on 55th just north of Arapaho. I don't know the pricing they have but my company is cheap, so it must be fair. The work they do is very good. You might also ask your insurance carrier who they recommend.

lol
2G's

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice. my insurance (progressive) gave me a list of places they recommend and the guy i spoke w/ narrowed that list down to about 4 or 5 places he recommends. i'm going tomorrow around denver to get some estimates and then probably tuesday in boulder.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm looking at $2K. sucks big time. tommorow i'm getting another rate so we'll see, but i imagine it will be around 2big ones.

the maxima is looking better and better.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
hmmm

might be better to just trade it in or sell it and get another instead of fixing it?

...or just drive it as it is if you can deal with it that is...

If you can live with the damage, you can always take the insurance money and use it for other upgrades instead... OR use the insurance money to help on trade in for an upgrade..

...just some rambling thoughts...

Did you know:
Many dealers have paintless dent repair guys contracted with 'x' per car regardless of amount of dents... For example: One car has 1 door ding but the other has 9 hail damage marks but both cost the dealer $300 each because of the contract... so many dealer's don't mind a few dings on trade in....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess i forgot to mention that i have liability only insurance. i know, i know. i told my dad to change it to full coverage and he did and like a month ago he changed it back. i've vented about that one.

what i couldn't believe is the trade in value the stealerships were offering. i went and checked out this max and was talking to the guy in his office about the value of the G and he said he'd check out. so he comes back w/ a paper and his finger covering something. the rest of the paper was some other bull shit numbers and then he moves his finger and shows me the value that they're willing to give me....$500. my direct quote "what the fuck is that? that's bull shit and you know it" the other dealership offered $1500. wtf. i couldn't believe that shit.

2G's-that place in boulder only quoted me $1700. the best price yet. if i get it done i'll probably go there. they seem like they run a good shop. thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to all for the advice. i'll let you guys know what i decide on. if i keep the G i plan on fixing the dents, getting wheels and probably start modding. enough of just intake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts