Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this past weekend I headed up north for a kayak/camping trip and ran into the worse weather I've driven through since the HS CAI install... It was coming down so hard that 2-3" deep rivers where forming on the road and visibility was cut to about 200'...

I was a tad nervious thinking about the CAI so close to the road with all that water but no problems dispite close to an hour of these conditions... I was relieved considering the potential damage!!

ps. no aem bypass, just a straight high port Hotshot CAI.

·
Registered
354 Posts
you lucky son of a **** my friend hit one puddle gong like 45 and it was over for his civic.
nickk

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Here in Tucson yesterday we had TERRIBLE storms (hail, lightning, TONS of rain, etc...) and there was really bad flash flooding. I got stuck in it on my way home from campus and there were times where water was running down the street (like a river where the street used to be) and it was up over the curbs. I just took it slow, if it looked very deep (gauged off other cars going through) I'd just find a side street to go down and hopefully avoid it. I ended up getting water up above the lower lip of my bumper a couple times (the top of the filter is still above that by quite a bit) and I was fine. I just didn't drive through any flooded crossings if i didn't know how deep it was (but knew it was over a foot deep). It was pretty hairy, but I didn't get any water in the motor. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts