Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly my '94 G20 (auto-tran) starts easily. But occasionally it is difficult to start. Usually difficulty occurs after using the beast for less than 2 minutes, then letting it set for a day. Then when I try to start, it cranks fine but there's no ignition. I'll crank up to 10 seconds, stop (for fear of ruining the starting motor), wait a couple minutes, then repeat. After about 6-8 repetitions and much swearing, the beast ignites roughly, then finally stabilizes.

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

·
Registered
973 Posts
jayg20 said:
Mostly my '94 G20 (auto-tran) starts easily. But occasionally it is difficult to start. Usually difficulty occurs after using the beast for less than 2 minutes, then letting it set for a day. Then when I try to start, it cranks fine but there's no ignition. I'll crank up to 10 seconds, stop (for fear of ruining the starting motor), wait a couple minutes, then repeat. After about 6-8 repetitions and much swearing, the beast ignites roughly, then finally stabilizes.

Anyone have a clue what's going on?
In my case it was leaky injectors. It used to take exactly 2-3 seconds to start, but I knew something was wrong.

I pulled the rail, turned it to the position before starting the car (DON"T PULL WHILE RUNNING) and found that the injectors were leaking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for feedback.

BTW, how did you know you had leaky injectors? Something visible?

Also, what do you mean "I pulled the rail"? (Sorry I do not know this term and have little knowledge of injection system.)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
el fuel railo and for those that dont speak spanish.... the fuel rail

·
Registered
973 Posts
jayg20 said:
Thanks for feedback.

BTW, how did you know you had leaky injectors? Something visible?

Also, what do you mean "I pulled the rail"? (Sorry I do not know this term and have little knowledge of injection system.)
No couldn't tell externally. Very rarely could I smell a trace of gas. Yes, as below I pulled the fuel rail.

You will need to pull the intake plenum to get down to the fuel rail and remove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts