Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally jumped over this bad boys, 6 pieces set was my option.

Hope they will make a difference over the stock arms.

·
Registered
785 Posts
"There are essentially three kinds of binding happening in the rear suspension. Front to rear flex in the parallel link bushings (angular), front to rear tension/compression binding in the trailing arm bushings, and side-to-side flex in the trailing arm bushings (angular).

Replacing the ends of the parallel arms removes two of those points of bind, but the angular bind in the trailing arms remains. This is probably, by my guess, the least significant point of bind in the system, but it does exist.

Overall, in the rear suspension, you will see massively less binding than with ES bushings, or even stock rubber bushings."

Source

The above quote is from a thread on the SR20-Forum about a fella that made rear LCA with spherical links on the ends of the parallel LCA. By nature of the rear end, these Hardrace arms, ES filled arms, heck even OEM STOCK arms cause bind since one end cannot travel in a different direction than the other. Spherical ends allow more movement and reduce bind.

Moar info

They look pretty, though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased the set in a shop based in the UK, tegiwaimports is the name. Bought it before the UK is leaving the European Union to avoid customs.

This arms have been tested by P10 owners with experience in track days, and everyone approves them... Camber and caster are regulable. Basically nowadays you can source the online info you want to hear... I prefer listen to people with experience who is testing the parts and not daydreaming.

Mine are receiving a coat of satin black to make them more subtle.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The links reference people that took apart the suspension, without damper and springs, and moved the arms to see how they moved....

Mike Kojima raced B13s and B14s all over the US helped Scott with his P10... Steve Foltz traveled around the country doing custom suspension work for many people.

B13/B12/B11 has almost the exact same setup as the P10 except lengths are changed for different chassis mounting locations. Not a lot of daydreaming going on there.. Without credentials, it is difficult to believe but the truth is out there with plenty of real world experience on the table in the links provided. Best of luck, keep updating us.

Insert track time B13 image.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spent the weekend painting the set in black, also greased the inner screw to prevent corrosion.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've been considering getting these as well before UK leave EU.

Did you get them installed and do you feel they make a difference?

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Spent the weekend painting the set in black, also greased the inner screw to prevent corrosion.

nice, I have a set of javiers adjustable rear arms. looks like you have a trailing arm as well there,,,that oem style?> or is it modified in anyway?

I know @p10det was thinking/in the process of making some custom rear trailing arms, but not sure if he ever finished

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Eno, didn't saw your post.

The trailing arms are sold by hard race and the I don't know if there are differences between these and oem. I have not fitted the kit yet, still waiting for the LSV brackets wich were custom ordered, eudm cars have LSV valves in the rear axle and are attached there. Yours not so these are P&P for you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The EuDM specs have x2 LSV valves in the rear axle, so the arms have to be modified to fit the valves. A small screw need to be welded in place

1 - 16 of 16 Posts