Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOw those alarms are niiice and tight...installation would be hard though since i have no experience..basically you have this keychain/pager with a pic of the car and then whenever somebody messes with your car, the pager'll beep (i guess) and show you which part of the car was either opened, dinged, or if the engine was started...pretty nifty!

So has anybody tried those b4?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I know there's a couple people on this forum that may have them, but we haven't really discussed them much. I'm sure a little press on the "search" button will help you out. I would think that installing such an alarm would be no different than any other kind of alarm, except wheee, you get to integrate your pager too.

I don't see a point to the pager/alarm setups. Okay, so someone dings your car and you get paged. Now what...you get out of line at Anchor Blue and you rush 1/2 mile to you car... down the escalator, out the mall entrance, down the parking lot, just to see a scratch on your car and the perpetrator driving off in his Honda?

It must make you look technologically savvy though....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
FF Drifter said:
I don't see a point to the pager/alarm setups. Okay, so someone dings your car and you get paged. Now what...you get out of line at Anchor Blue and you rush 1/2 mile to you car... down the escalator, out the mall entrance, down the parking lot, just to see a scratch on your car and the perpetrator driving off in his Honda?

It must make you look technologically savvy though....
LMAO!! Thats tru you do have a point.. :lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup its true.

it may even be a hazard to your life if you think about it..if some thugs are opening your thang and you try to stop em, youre screwed....but theres really a lot of doofuses in my school who opens and robs cars...damn i saw some people trying to open all hte doors in the lot....so this car alarm would surely come in handy...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah, I used to go to a school in an upper-end neighborhood (lotsa rich kids) but they were jacking exhuasts right off the Lexus IS300s! Worse I've seen though happened to my friend. She got to the parking lot to see her Civic sitting on books because someone jacked the rims right off her car....:dead:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
xSR20DEx said:
yup its true.

it may even be a hazard to your life if you think about it..if some thugs are opening your thang and you try to stop em, youre screwed....
That's where the Magnum .357, Colt .45, and the Smith And Wesson insurance comes into effect.
:angry: :angry:
(I don't advocate or enjoy violence, but I believe in holding people accountable for their actions.:evil: :evil: )

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and another point...as people, do we bother to check out a car thats alarming? we would almost always assume that its "false alarm". So looking after your own doesnt sound too fancy...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Ya, I have such an alarm.

With the pager, it's better knowing what is going on with your ride than not knowing at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was thinking of getting that pager thing myself. I think there about 120 to 140 in price. My stereo guy said it could be added to any alarm. I wonder if he was talking about after market alarms only. Does any body have one on their factory alarm system?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have one on my factory alarm. Its not very useful because it will only go off and page me when the stock alarm goes off, its nothing. My friend owns an audio shop and had an extra one and wanted to try it out. i personally wouldnt waste my money on the pager without buying a good top of the line security system.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
What alarm does everyone have? Because I was going to get the Clifford, but my friend at Infiniti tells me that its not good for the car, like that hes has problems with the car and the alarm, and then if there is a problem then it voids my WHOLE warranty.. So I dont know what to do. He told me to put my system and all that good stuff on the insurance and if it gets stolen then just get insurance to buy you new stuff... What should I do... lol

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have the Compustar 2way pager system.

If you have a problem w/ the security system, just get the joint that installed it to you to fix it. What does he mean VOID the warranty? I don't see why it's bad for the car. I've never had a problem w/ my system.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I dont know he told me not to install the alarm system that it will mess up the car, he said he has 2 G20s come in that wont start or something because of the alarm! and he told me that if there is a problem after I install the alarm that they cant do nothing about it and it will void my warranty and I would have to pay out of pocket whatever it costs to fix! =)

·
Registered
59 Posts
My friend has a g with remote start, security including pager and his works fine. We have never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I have one...

I have one, I took it off a little while back, I hate carrying extra luggage. Works good though and hooks up to most existing alarm easily...

·
Registered
429 Posts
stats

Car Alarms that have been bought since 1999 -411,983
Total times said car alarm helped stop theft since 1999 -7
Amount of people disturbed at 3am since 1999 -311,980

I pulled these from a Highly Respected News Chanel, anyone watch The Daily Show? :smoke:

Seriuosly thou a friend has the Pager thing looks cool but thats about it....But it looks REALLLY cool except car dont look nothing like his....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.