Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers seat base situation in our P11 is tragic. There's a possibility I'm going to have to send my daughter to college with it, but I'd like to dress it up a little before she starts driving new friends around in it. I see the "universal" options online, but I've seen some fairly poor fitment on covers in the past.

I know anyone else who is driving a 15+ G20 has either a) ponied up some $$$ for OEM replacement covers, b) dealt with the embarrassment of the shredded seats or c) thrown something else on there.

So, if you've decided not to double the value of your car with new leather, what have you done?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
229 Posts
My driver's seat is pretty trashed on my 2000 g20t, so I feel your pain. I haven't had much luck finding good covers myself. It may be worthwhile to ask your local automotive upholsterers if they can reupholster the seat with a decent vinyl or pleather material. Hopefully its not too expensive...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dickies don't fit and they tear easy too. I just ripped out all the leather and (not to importantly looking for new ones but maybe some spray adhesive then put them on

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have a guy that did my foxbody interior look over a pair of seats from my 99' G20. He couldn't get the same material color or I would have had him make new covers. It's always a problem trying to find Japanese paints and materials to match... I ended up buying a 64k mile totaled car to get next to new seats.

·
Registered
77 Posts
what we do over here is find a decent passenger side seat ( plenty more of those in good condition as they are generally used less ) and swap out the covers onto the driver's seat, takes an hour tops.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Only problem with the that is the air bag tag is on the wrong side when you swap back covers.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, this fairly well sucks.

My daughter, who has been driving the G for the past 2 years, has gotten a Corolla and is heading off to college. My Miata needs a maintenance break, so I am planning to drive the G again while I pull the Miata engine and tranny for some repairs. I want to get the AC running and the seats functional before I have to do that.

All I can find are links on the web to covers that claim to fit, but it's the same images that come up if you search for Accord or Camry seat covers, so I'm sure they're a generic fit.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the record, after a good bit of searching, I located this set at Walmart.com. After the discount they are offering now for in-store pickup orders, I paid $16.42 for them. They will be here in a few days.

I got the tan for my car, but they do offer the covers in black as well.

http://www.fhgroupauto.com/Premium-PU-Leather-Bucket-Seat-Covers
https://www.walmart.com/ip/FH-Group-Tan-Faux-Leather-Airbag-Compatible-Car-Seat-Covers-2-Pack/154468860

If the fitment is good, I'm going to look at removing the plastic "adjust covers" from the side of the seats and see if I can put the seat cover behind them to make it look a bit more stock. I'll post pictures of the results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts