Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as we all love to beatdown the newbies for not using the search function, I think that maybe we should cut them a little slack. Think of it, you're a newbie. You have some basic ideas about cars and how to upgrade them, but you want specific ideas. You enter in either upgrades, best mods, how do I go faster, engine modifications, what are the best mods for the g20 and other phrases relating to improving performance and you come up with many threads that have little or no relation to what your searching for. It's almost as if you have to already know what you're looking for, which kinda makes the search function useless.
I try to research the forum as much as I can. But there's just too much for a newbie to sift through.:confused:
Just my 2 cents.:tired:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
At this point, with 1047 members, 3155 threads, and over 24006 posts, you might be right. But until a nicely sized FAQ comes out *probably when the rest of the site is finished* we'll have to settle with the search function and the patience of other forum members. ;)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think it all depends on "keywords". If you use really vague words then you will get alot of BS and will have alot more to read then needed....if you use specific words then it isn't that bad. It all depends on how you use it. Also you need to use the search options to narrow your searched by picking which subject to look.
For instance, if you are looking for opinion of info on Greddy exhaust you would type. "Greddy" in search and pick "Engine" in search options. There are also other ways to search but need to try and try different keywords. Eventually you can find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
so what happened to all the info from the old g20.net i thought they would keep that page alive while people use jjust the forum and does anyone know when the site will debut in full.. just wondering?
i think we can post in the fqa if so then someone pm me and i guess we can start up our own fqa in the meanwhile
casual

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hey Jason! aka G-forces (and Brian aka b-b00gie who appears to be MIA at the moment)

I think we have a newer list member who would like to contibute his time with the FAQ's page. cas8_1999 has shown interest in gathering as many FAQ's as possible and posting them in the FAQ's at the top of the site.

You guys up to this. I think it would be great to have a centralized individual to do this, unless you have already gotten most of the FAQ's together.

There is currently another thread on this where the two of us are at each others throats, etc.
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3280
but that does not matter. He wants to contribute and I think it would be great to get the FAQ's back up and running like the info that was available on the older g20.net site.

·
Registered
180 Posts
as much as you bitch at newbies for posting repeat questions, you should take the time to figure out the PM function. It's most useful when you only want to talk to certain people. If we can't get ez answers without people bitching about searching, then what makes you think it's ok for you to waste a lot more people's time with crap that should be done in other ways? Think about it!:beard: :asian: :beard:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
SeminoleG20 said:
as much as you bitch at newbies for posting repeat questions, you should take the time to figure out the PM function. It's most useful when you only want to talk to certain people. If we can't get ez answers without people bitching about searching, then what makes you think it's ok for you to waste a lot more people's time with crap that should be done in other ways? Think about it!:beard: :asian: :beard:
Who me? Hey! I don't know what your involvement is in this, but cas8 and I got on the wrong foot. I think we both know that. I do not think we need you to add heat to the fire! I very well know how to use the PM when it is needed and when it is not. But when I want to be heard I post to the forum. Just like you did here.

As you can see above, I think cas8 has a great idea and I would like the forum to look into what he has to say and do something about it, I just did not feel it was the proper way to go about doing it in one single thread. So don't go 'lolligagging' (prob' not even a real word) around about my prior posts.

I even requested the forum admins to look at the thread I linked to to see if they felt it needed intervention, closed, whatever. So let it be. I have!

·
Registered
180 Posts
ok, i was talking about the post to the people you mentioned in the above post. it is stupid to make a reply to only two people who aren't in the tread! i don't care about the other crap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts