Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a 360 recently.... :)
My tv sux real bad, time to upgrade soon!
I was thinking of getting a flatscreen setup, but a friend of mine told me I should get a projector (NOT a projection tv).

I was intrigued by the idea of playing fight night w/6 foot tall boxers vs 20 inch boxers...

I know projectors have hd quality for much less than typical hdtv's (if you take size of viewing area into account).
Whats the draw back?
I have heard that the bulbs life is much shorter in projectors, and very expensive to replace, also that they can be hard to see in the light.

But when it comes time to move from my apartmeny it would be soooo much easier to deal w/than a 50 inch dlp or something.

Does any1 have a projector, better yet use it for gaming?
Any opinions, advise or general knowledge of the advanteges/disadvanteges?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I would go with a HDTV, Versus the projector. The projo is nice(my buddy play his 360 onit) but it sucks during the day, close all the blinds and you can kinda see it. Plus you have to replace the bulbs on them too($150-350) every 2-4 years. Same maintaince on a LCD-projector TV, or DLP.... but you can see them during the day. Thats the best bang for the buck IMO. Whats your price too? I might be getting a job @ best buy so I'll let you know( I sold TVs at Sears for 2 years, so PM me with any questions)

CJ

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huh, well thats similiar to my thinking...
I really was hoping that there would be praise for the projector's, but in reality I had a feeling that it might not get the best of reviews....

Well I'm looking to keep it under $1500, hoping that is... But knowing me, if something really get me going, price is relative.
It probably won't be for a lil while but time goes quick, especially if you dont plan for it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
There are a lot of new comers into the HD market that are selling some very nice Plasma and LCD HD TVs at a very low cost with AWSOME warranties.. don't be scared to check some of them out..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts