Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not sure... i dont remember them stating whether it would make a difference or not... i am skepticle though... i mean who would pay [up to] 1200 dollars for a head gasket job when they could just pour this 44 dollar stuff in the coolant and drive away? anyone try it?

They say it only works on small[ish] holes/cracks, but that means nothin. small relative to what? I think my situation is minor because my engine still gets almost perfect compression, so it may actually work.

if i get some good feedback on this stuff, i might just get it. and if if fixes my car, i might just take it off the market...lol

·
Registered
597 Posts
i would say it probably doesnt work, things like that usually dont. but i dont know, i dont want to sound like a pessimist

·
Registered
428 Posts
I did some research into this stuff when I had a cracked head in my old 4Runner. It'll work, but only temporary. I was told "it's basically the last step before you haul your car off to the junk yard".

·
Registered
242 Posts
i used not this stuff but some other stuff from shucks it worked for a bout 3 months and then had to use it again but then the car never ran cool and eventually the headgasket blew between the cylinders so there was no compression in two cylinders and it finnaly had to get replaced. this stuff will only work if coolant is getting into the combustion chamber or oil, it won't work if it can't get to to the break threw the coolant.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
At the end of the day we are looking at glue ........... Does glue sound like a good idea to you? ........ Well there yas are :rambo:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
echandler said:
i used not this stuff but some other stuff from shucks it worked for a bout 3 months and then had to use it again but then the car never ran cool and eventually the headgasket blew between the cylinders so there was no compression in two cylinders and it finnaly had to get replaced. this stuff will only work if coolant is getting into the combustion chamber or oil, it won't work if it can't get to to the break threw the coolant.
the af is getting into the combustion chamber. they said that it will work only on small cracks... and i dont think mine is all that big.for 44 bucks i think imma try it. at worst, if it doesnt work, i'll get a new motor, as that was what i was going to do anyway...at this point i'm just curious to see how well this stuff works... i'll let you know what happens

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
sentra024 said:
the af is getting into the combustion chamber.
No it isn't ............... Its freakin' impossible

Don't deal with liars ........... Thats like a ingrowing toe nail interfeering with your brain

Trust at least me :eek:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea it is blowing a LOT of white smoke....so the af definitley is getting into the cc... like i said b4 though... im trying it just to see if it will work... either way i am going to do the job right eventually.... this is 100% out of curiousity..

·
Registered
242 Posts
follow the instructions to the "T" if it says to drain the whole system of anti freeze then definately do it, the first time i used the stuff thats what i did and it worked for awhile with no side effects, the second time i didn't completly flush the system and it never ran cool until finnaly the gasket completely blew, so make sure you flush the system good if it recomends it, there should at least two diferent places to drain the coolant, from the radiator and somewhere on the block, i'm a noob to the sr20de so i don't know where the drain is on the block but you should find it.

edit: this stuff is different than what i used, the instructions say to remove the thermostat, flush the system and then do a stealseal/antifreeze mix, then is says to basically overheat the engine a few times then install a new thermostat, overheating the engine can cause other problems especially on an older engine, these engines are fairly cheap to replace thou.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i can't afford to get it (the head) machined and such...plus i dont have a tranny jack to hold everything up when i take the mounts off...thats why im trying the cheap way out, because i basically dont have a choice

edit: the sad part is that i bought a head gasket, but now i dont have the money to put it on (see above).... nice huh?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts