Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
surprisingly, no one has talked about head removal or head gaskets on here!! here is my question. i need to replace my head gasket but it comes in 4 sizes.

Copper Head Gasket, Nissan 2.0L (SR20DE), .043 thick compressed

Copper Head Gasket, Nissan 2.0L (SR20DE), .050 thick compressed

Copper Head Gasket, Nissan 2.0L (SR20DE), .062 thick compressed

Copper Head Gasket, Nissan 2.0L (SR20DE), .093 thick compressed

which one do i get. and if someone knows how to take off the head that would be great. otherwise i gotta go read manuels.

and while the head is off, the people who have heads that are red, do u just spray them w/ high temp paint??

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I think you're getting the heads and vlave covers confused. The red valve covers are from an SR20DET, not a normal DE.

The different thicknesses are for if you want to mill the head to insure it's true, the different thicknesses help keep everything in check clearance wise. Or if you want to slightly alter the compression you can install a different thickness head gasket. No one has really talked about it because the labor is too high for most to redo the gasket when a full JDM SR20DE motor can be sourced fo under $300 at times (plus shipping). If you are going to attempt this I would HIGHLY recommend a FSM, and probably a little more research/help as well, it's not a simple undertaking. Most probably don't talk about it because they either know how to do it and just do it, or they'll take it somewhere to have it done. Unfortunately, It's not something simple like a header install that someone could walk you through over the net. :-\
Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts