·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will these HID lights work for me? P11

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
those aren't HID's, they are just halogen "HID-STYLE" bulbs that create a more true white color but they aren't real HID's.

Without knowning more about them, they will work for you if they are the standard 9003(H4) bulb. Avoid them though if they are higher that stock wattage as you will melt the headlight harnesses and then you'll have to get new one's.

HIDs have more to them: bulbs (they look different than what you have above), ballasts, ignitors, and then some kind of a project/shield. Search around you'll find more.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you suggest anything in paticular?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are the Slvania... similar to HID's.. tell me about them thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also what is the product code for a p11 for those lights there are tons

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Silverstars are not at all similar to HIDs. They have a white color, but they aren't anywhere near as bright and do not have the same sharp cutoff. They are basically just different-colored stock headlights.

·
Registered
318 Posts
im not particular into what size bulbs they are for P11's but my friends have silverstars and they work very nice..enough light and output and it is a white light..better than OEM.

or take out your Headlight bulb and look at the model number (9004 etc etc.) because it fits the OEM harnesses and everything.

HID's are the best things out there as in light output..Silverstars are just brighter than OEM.

to me, i would get silverstars than those lights on top, i've had those and when it burnt out, it wasnt a pretty sight to my harnesses.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wats the normal model number for a g20 headlight? i am def. not capable of removing lights at the momment

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
uh oh do i smell controversy... luminics and sylvania... wat are the pros of luminics in comparison?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
isnt lumincs similar to whats above and wont it melt the harness? Here a pic i found on the website..

·
Registered
318 Posts
no. silverstars should follow OEM standards.

I mean I dont wanna debate, but try yourself and see what you like, personally I havent tried silverstars and people always tell me to go get a pair, but i'll stay with halogens until I have the cash for the real stuff which are HIDs.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts