Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright first ill start by covering all my bases. I have done countless searches on this topic but haven't found the information i am looking for so i turn to you all.

I am considering purchasing the ssac headers through the group buy on sr20forums but I am not sure weather the new 2.5 option is best for me. I have cams, and exhaust but i still don't know weather to buy a used 2 inch or new 2.5 inch. Does it really matter all that much? will i see much of a difference? what about noise level, is the 2.5 much louder? and last but not least; im guessing both sizes will fit without altering anything in the exhaust but someone please correct me if im wrong. Thanks for the help people!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't have an SSAC nor have I ever, but I have heard about the midpipe cracking in the flex pipe area. Definately something you want to look at on the old one. Both sizes will fit the cat fine, I believe.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I dont have cams but a CAI, advanced timing and cat back exaust and I'll be running the 2.5" shortly. I've heard good stuff about the SSAC thats why I went with it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive also heard all good things about ssac. I went on sr20forum again today and looked around and found that it seems the 2.5 doesn't line up with the cat perfectly. I dont have s3 cams or anything either just the older 91 p10 cams in my 95 so i don't really know if i need the extra .5 inches.

·
on to the next one..
4,115 Posts
i have the 2.5" and it fits fine on my car. the only problem i had was the rear 02 sensor. but you do not need to worry about that with your p10 :)

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
I have the SSAC's 2" version . I'm not running cams, but I am running a CAI, and will shortly be doing a full exhaust. IT wasn't SSAC that had a cracking issue but rather the more expensive HotShot Headers that were prone to cracking. Take a look at these couple of links I recently found on this topic. Be careful when people are quick to say ' bigger is better' remember, we're dealing with only a 125 WHP engine, so you be the judge! Don;t buy all the claims that you'll get 10-15 whp gain from adding a header alone! I installed my header but still running with full stock exhaust and I can tell you that I didn't feel no 10-15HP gain. IF it did add this amount, I surely would have felt the difference! Remember, it's being added after then engine, not to the engine. The second link dives more into explaining it. BTW, 'Burns' iirc is a well known company the specializes in exhaust systems.

Burns Header & Exhaust Theory:
http://www.burnsstainless.com/TechArticles/Theory/theory.html

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscellaneous/exhausttheory.htm

·
Registered
844 Posts
yea i got in on the first one like over a year ago.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah just go to sr20forum. and scroll down to gbs near the bottom they are on like group buy 8 or something like that. If you go to classifieds you can probably get one around 110 shipped which is what i did.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Actually the started a new thread because the old one got too big. It's always at the top tho.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
its the same price on ebay, ~140 shipped. and for the GB you dont have to wait for everyone, its just a pay and go.

btw, i was told the 2.5" will fit perfectly fine on our stock cats. i wouldnt use your "cams" as a deciding factor since theyre just highport cams, but definitely if you hace future plans for bigger cams (BC's or JWT's) then you'll already be all set to let it breath!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts