Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have seen lots of recommendations for all things under the sun, and I may have missed this topic somewhere. but I am going to ask for opinions and Pros/Cons on this subject. I already have an intake, on My G and I have a Greddy MX Exhuast on the way hopefully this decade... :lol: ( Stillen has them on back order... ) So the next item I am looking to upgrade is the header but I have not as of yet seen very much on the subject... so any help will be good to make my decision, Currently a friend recommened the Stillen headers based on I guess what amounts to customer service from them but again no idea on HP gains and what I gain or lose.... Thanks to all in advanced for your help!

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Get the latest offering from Hotshot. Don't argue, don't ask questions just get it! :cheeky: :cheeky:

:D

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: but...

Chris said:
do you make that same recommendation for both the P10 and p11? Do you have it on your car?
Yes and yes. In fact I think it even says so in my sig. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
G-loads said:
oh you might want to wait for the shiny stainless header from Stillen.
No you dont, besides their header has proven to be inferior to the HS header which is on their 4th or 5th generation of this design, which shows their commitment to getting the most out of it.

BTW - HS just released a stainless header as well.

http://www.sentra.net/npm/april02/nphotshot.shtml

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have had a Ceramic coated Stillen header on my car SE-R for 5 years. Still no signs of wear. The quality of the Stillen Ceramic will not be beat. For a lasting and quality header, this is the one. For maximum HP, Hot Shot has managed to sqeek a few more ponies. You make the call.

-Kris

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
2wdBlazer said:
I have had a Ceramic coated Stillen header on my car SE-R for 5 years. Still no signs of wear. The quality of the Stillen Ceramic will not be beat. For a lasting and quality header, this is the one. For maximum HP, Hot Shot has managed to sqeek a few more ponies. You make the call.

-Kris
So if you want it to be pretty, buy the Stillen.

If you want it to be fast, buy the Hotshot.

Oh, and you certainly can beat Stillen's ceramic coating. My gen3 HS header has Swain's White Lightning coating - it's better than anything out there.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Maybe I meant to say the HS. Damn I am confused. I better shut up been letting myself down lately! :(

Yahnozha said:

No you dont, besides their header has proven to be inferior to the HS header which is on their 4th or 5th generation of this design, which shows their commitment to getting the most out of it.

BTW - HS just released a stainless header as well.

http://www.sentra.net/npm/april02/nphotshot.shtml

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Geo said:
Oh, and you certainly can beat Stillen's ceramic coating. My gen3 HS header has Swain's White Lightning coating - it's better than anything out there.
Excuse me Mr. Tuff Guy...haha :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far it seems that HS is the best bet? money is not the issue, well not that much anyway, I have allocated about $600 for the headers and the install. soo... both Stillen and HS are roughly similar in price, but from what I see so far the HS seems to be the winner, now for the Million dollar question. :) Does anyone that owns one have any smog issues?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: o.k.

Chris said:
Well at a price of $475 (without shipping) on that Hot Shot, It'll be a long time before I consider it... maybe if someone sells one used for less I'll think about it...
I got my header from JWT for $425 + shipping to canada. So if you sweet talk around you could probably get it for even less.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
ravenx5 said:
Does anyone that owns one have any smog issues?
Only if they totally screwed up the installation or live in SoCal and don't know where to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.