Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put my new header in I want to make sure I don't raise the underhood temps to much so I'm going to try and put a heat shield in with it. Has anyone tried to use the stock heat shield with aftermarket headers? Do's anyone have any ideas on how I can make a custom heat shield?

·
Registered
218 Posts
gdalton said:
When I put my new header in I want to make sure I don't raise the underhood temps to much so I'm going to try and put a heat shield in with it. Has anyone tried to use the stock heat shield with aftermarket headers? Do's anyone have any ideas on how I can make a custom heat shield?
I don't think that using a heat shield is going to keep your under-hood temps any cooler. Heat shields are there primarily to prevent the heat from damaging nearby components, not to keep the temp down under the hood. The only way you'll really accomplish that is by using heat insulating wrap but i've read some bad things about using that stuff on street cars (mostly because it holds in moisture).

·
Registered
807 Posts
gdalton said:
I'd say don't bother a heat shield as said above is gonna do little to none for underhood temp all its gonna do is keep little things from melting, but you shouldn't need to worried about that i've had my header for 8 months ans nothings melted or had any damage so i think a heat shield is probably a waste of time. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
One of the best options to keep the heat in the header would be to have it coated with Swaintechs white lightening header ceramic coating. It will keep the heat inside the header and help with your underhood temps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts