Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have been on here and sr20forum reading things about the various headers available for our engines. Its driving me crazy. I have the opportunity to get a Pacesetter for pretty cheap from a member. But I have been reading issues with leaks and cracks on them. Im not too concerned with the paint coming off. I will probably give it another coat of high heat paint (it already has one coat). Nevertheless, there is Hotshot, which I think is a little expensive. There is also the crowd favorite SSautochrome but they seem to be out of production currently. Is it worth waiting for SSautochrome or is a good deal worth taking the Pacesetter. This is my dilema but we can use this thread to post feedback on the various headers you are all using.

·
Registered
597 Posts
i have a stillen on my b14, its a 4 to 1 design, and came ceramic coated. my p10 is still on the stock manifold. was thinking of buying another stillen, i havnt had any problems with it, the only thing holding me back is the price, got the header for 400.00 shipped on the se-r. my second choice was hotshot, but im waiting for a few other things to work themselves out before i buy a header for the g

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Well...
My thoughts are if you can get the Pacesetter for a decent price go ahead & get it. Nothing like cheap bolt on horsepower...;)

I have a SSAC header...it replaced an old OBX...the OBX had been repaired too many times...

I've had the SSAC header on the car for 18k miles & have had no problems @ all w/ it.
Just remember to seal the various bungs that aren't used by sensors. Sometimes the plugs that are supplied will vibrate out...

Hope this helps...

Putt

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
haha i have been doing the same thing hammad. nothing but all the header threads i can find. knowledge is power i say.

i went a slightly custom route. gotta be hush hush till its done tho. ;)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ChickenWing said:
haha i have been doing the same thing hammad. nothing but all the header threads i can find. knowledge is power i say.

i went a slightly custom route. gotta be hush hush till its done tho. ;)
Can't wait to see the results. For me I don't have resources for custom stuff, wish I did.

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would you guys go for the ssautochrome or a pacesetter if the pacesetter was about half the price (open box but not used).

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
hotshot headers also yeild high crack rates...according to some people...anywho, want to pay like 200$+ more for another 1/2 hp? Get the ssac or the obx...I have the ssac, have had it one for like 3-4 months, and no problems, I got mine for 130$ shipped from a group buy over at sr20forum.........................................................
HotShot has died, with a shotgun in their own mouth...definately fallen behind the times.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
I've had my SSAC on for two years now. It's discoloured but it will buff off so it's not really rusty. I only know of two SSAC headers that have cracked and they were splits in the pipe seam so probably faulty from the supplier and not due to cracking in the HAZ of the weld like the HS headers do.

XS Power are selling them on ebay as can be seen from the ebay link above.

I would like the new 2.5" downpipe for mine and if I was looking for a header now I'd probably wait until that was available.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have an obx header..i bought it from FrayChild..you can definitely feel the gain..and its sounds good too.but i have developed a crack hopefully after i weld it it wont happen again..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts