Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good place to buy headers to fit a P11 with SR20VE motor? I know that Fujitsubo & Impul make them but are there any others? I e-mailed Hotshot but they never replied.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Sr20turbo freak is going to start making some over on SR20 forum.

Check out this thread:
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=177453

Pics and quote from the first page of that thread in case you don't feel like clicking. ;)
SR20Turbofreak said:
Thats right. I Have ordered materials to start these bad boys. A few members have already paid for theirs and will get theirs first. I have placed a large order on flanges, tubing, and collectors as well. I am not making a Limit on how many I make. If you want it and will pay for it, I will make it.

these will fit both a 2.0L and a 2.3L VE. These are designed for higher RPM and Larger cams such as the Franklin and Kelford cams. Megaphone/reverse cone optional, or with just a transition to a 3" outlet. you pick.

Reason why one header fits both sizes of motors, The 2.0L will make peak HP higher than the 2.3L. so the difference in displacement will shift the power curve about 500rpms or so on the 2.3L which then comes out to being the same header as the 2.0L.

anyways. If you put atleast 1/2 down i will get yours going you can pay the rest when finished. Shipping will be anywhere from $40-65 or so as an estimate.

here are pics of the last header i made. it will be similar in design to this. This header is now owned by Andreas.

I take Paypal and M.O.

Price WITHOUT megaphone, with transition to 3" is $960
Price WITH megaphone and reverse cone is $1050

These are A/C compatible

They look nice to me.. If I had one of those headers I'd go out and buy a VE to put it on :D

Mike

·
Registered
844 Posts
Dark_Eagle said:
hotshot makes them but apparently their service hasn't been too good lately
those arent VE headers

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
almost a grand....damn. You can also get one of the ssac and port it to match.....cheaper

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mautai916 said:
Fuji headers are actualyl made for the VE. But if you want the best bang for the buck, get the SSAC header and port it out. It only takes me about 15 mins to port it. The header itself is only $150. Can't beat it!
What's involved in porting it out, do they make a good match with the head on the VE?

The other headers are nice but I've had a quote from an eBay seller for Fujitsubos for $798US delivered to Auckland so they are a little expensive. I do know that a few of our guys have managed to get them for about $675US delivered through group buys but there aren't any GBs on here at the moment.

That may seem quite cheap to the US buyers but isn't in NZ where DE headers only cost about $275US. Here a VE motor with loom & ECU can be bought for $675US so it's costing more for the extractors than the motor!

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
dun quote me on this... but i heard the NEW SSAC headers that just came out are good for both VE/DE. But what involves porting is VERY VERY easy. Just take your VE exhaust manifold, lay it over the SSAC header. And just grind the areas that are blocking the gasket so that ports on the header match the ports on the VE gasket. It just involves a dremel, and a grinding stone. Cost me $5.00 to buy an orange dremel grinding stone.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The SSAC will NEVER stack up to that header that SR20TurboFreak is making.

It will make about 15 whp more than the SSAC. That in and of itself more than justifies the price.

Not to be rude, but some of you need to start thinking bigger on some stuff. Grab up a copy of a book called "The magic of thinking Big."

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
blairellis said:

It will make about 15 whp more than the SSAC. That in and of itself more than justifies the price.

Not to be rude, but some of you need to start thinking bigger on some stuff. Grab up a copy of a book called "The magic of thinking Big."
who was saying that the SSAC is as good as sr20turbofreak's header?? not everyone is made of money. were talking $150 compared to nearly $1000. also sr20turbofreak said that his header is designed for a VE with cams and bolt ons. it will probably lose power on an otherwise stock engine.

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
blairellis said:

Maybe its me, but i do think what you just stated was a little rude :eh: . I understad that Sr20TurboFreak's "custom" header will be one of the best out there. But if you read carefully on what i said in my earlier post, i clearly stated that the SSAC is the best bang for the buck header. For a $150 header that has soild proven gains on the VE just cannot be beat :-\ . Yes i am following the thread on his custom header but also keep in mind that out of the WHOLE VE community a VERY VERY small percentage will actually spend that big amount of $$ just to get the custom header. Its not because its not an awesome header but its the same thing that pervents a lot of tuners: the price. Its not that i don't know how to think big. Maybe its just the way you you said it, but it seems like your telling EVERY single VE owner to "Grab up a copy of a book called "The magic of thinking Big" just because they are not considering to get that new custom header... :eh: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree that not all of us want to spend the money to get every ounce of grunt out of our cars. Most of the cash spent on modifying means nothing at resale so unless you want the King of the Hill title, a bit of extra power for track days etc is plenty. I would like a nice car but don't want to over-capitalise it too much.

Hence the shopping in the USA for goodies ;) We are way cheaper for motors over here because of our huge used Japanese import market but the bolt-ons are so expensive.

Unless you count the Franklin Cams... I went for a ride in a manual Primera with VE and stage 4's the other day & it certainly got up and boogied once it got on cam. Far quicker than the Nismo Primera with SR20DE I test drove a month or so back...

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
If you go VE you dont go cheap, go Fuji you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
yeah blair, way to be rude! The guy is asking for options, not a way to double what he has already put into his car (even though that thing looks redonculously cool).

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Mautai916 said:
Maybe its me, but i do think what you just stated was a little rude :eh: . I understad that Sr20TurboFreak's "custom" header will be one of the best out there. But if you read carefully on what i said in my earlier post, i clearly stated that the SSAC is the best bang for the buck header. For a $150 header that has soild proven gains on the VE just cannot be beat :-\ . Yes i am following the thread on his custom header but also keep in mind that out of the WHOLE VE community a VERY VERY small percentage will actually spend that big amount of $$ just to get the custom header. Its not because its not an awesome header but its the same thing that pervents a lot of tuners: the price. Its not that i don't know how to think big. Maybe its just the way you you said it, but it seems like your telling EVERY single VE owner to "Grab up a copy of a book called "The magic of thinking Big" just because they are not considering to get that new custom header... :eh: :rolleyes:
Fujitsubo $630 shipped. Quality, proven power, and re-sale value will stay high.

·
Registered
12,425 Posts
The Fuji Header is actually really good. It does work great and i would recommend it.

The headers I am making may or may not make more power on a VE. If they do then it will be at 7000rpm +

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks :) I've asked them for a price shipped to New Zealand so I'll let you know what they come back with.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts