Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Headers...

3K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  MR. RYTE 
#1 ·
What companies make headers for P10's? I have some aftermarket headers on my car installed by the previous owner and I'm wondering what company makes them. I'll post some pics later.

#2 ·
I know for sure Hotshot makes one, but I think there website is down right now. Check the old website (I think there is a link on the home page of this new one) and look under "aftermarket list" then scroll down to headers.

JP

#3 ·
Depends on if the following are still in production or not, but here they are:

- AEBS (I believe it is no longer made, but was an excellent piece)
- Pace Setter (For the price conscious. Best bang for the buck)
- S&S (Never heard of them nor know anyone with them)
- HotShot (Most widely used among the SR20 community)
- Stillen (Probably 2nd most widely used)

I just purchased a Pace Setter (used) from a SR20DEForum member. Should have it within 2 weeks. Will post my results!

#4 ·
Mike.Com said:
What companies make headers for P10's? I have some aftermarket headers on my car installed by the previous owner and I'm wondering what company makes them. I'll post some pics later.
Can't quite locate the website(yet), but Hotshot has been making AND improving the headers for the SR20DE. Their headers should free up about 10-15 HP=) depending on the mods you have. They've been making stuff for our engines long before the other aftermarket companies saw the light. Can't say much about the others though.

#5 ·
Re: Re: Headers...

MR. RYTE said:

Can't quite locate the website(yet), but Hotshot has been making AND improving the headers for the SR20DE. Their headers should free up about 10-15 HP=) depending on the mods you have. They've been making stuff for our engines long before the other aftermarket companies saw the light. Can't say much about the others though.
Yup! I believe Hotshot is on there 4th generation header now. Maybe even 5th!

As for the Pace Setter. It is an exact duplicate/clone of the first generation Hot Shot header. And it was a mass produced piece once Hot Shot came out with the Gen II header. (marketing plug for the cheapo header! Hehehe! :cheeky: )

I also did not mention the HP header. Not much to say on it yet. There are no proven Dyno #'s, performance gains, quality reports for it and the company hasn't replied to several emails from a another forum member who has been trying to see if they are worth the money. I would stay away from them. Generally sold on eBay and now www.nopionline.com carries them.

#6 ·
Yeah, Hotshot is on their 5th gen headers now. I got one of their firsts. They are noticibly different from the 4th gen. The pipes are about 1/4 inch larger in diameter. Mine freed up about 14hp. And that was when I dynoed with worn plugs and distributor rotor. Very good header for top end power.

I believe stillen is used to free up low end power. So generally autox's prefer those. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

#7 ·
BritCG20 said:
Yeah, Hotshot is on their 5th gen headers now. I got one of their firsts. They are noticibly different from the 4th gen. The pipes are about 1/4 inch larger in diameter. Mine freed up about 14hp. And that was when I dynoed with worn plugs and distributor rotor. Very good header for top end power.

I believe stillen is used to free up low end power. So generally autox's prefer those. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.
Really?:confused: So for low end power I need the Stealin' header instead of the Hotshot? How much low end power are we talking about?:confused:

#10 ·
Geo said:

No.

The HS header out performs the Stealin over virtually the entire rev range.
Thanks, Geo. I know that I asked you before on the other froum but I just wanted to get a second and third opinion before I bought the Hotshot.:nerd: ;)

#14 ·
Finally, someone bought the OBX. Do keep us informed.

There are many different views of the OBX products, but no one seems to have actually tried the header out for the SR20's and provided personal experience and/or more importantly dyno #'s.

Are you going to be putting it on a dyno after install? Just wondering!

#16 ·
Well I will let everyone know if I like the new header but I will not be getting dyno #'s sorry, unless you guys want to pay for it. I could probably do some timed runs before and after but I'm not sure how accurate that would be.

#17 ·
I know that Pacesetter headers are pretty much a ripoff of the 1st gen Hotshot, but is the Hotshot really worth the extra cash? I've seen the Pacesetters going for $150 for the painted and $220 for the coated ones. You have to sell a kidney on the black market to afford the Hotshot. So, what do you think?

#18 ·
inkorekt said:
I know that Pacesetter headers are pretty much a ripoff of the 1st gen Hotshot, but is the Hotshot really worth the extra cash? I've seen the Pacesetters going for $150 for the painted and $220 for the coated ones. You have to sell a kidney on the black market to afford the Hotshot. So, what do you think?
Well, according to this:
"Pacesetter
This header looks like a cheap rip off of the old style Hotshot. It also ripped off the experimental secondary crossover pipe that was featured in one of my SCC articles. Too bad they did not read the article to find out that it did not work! It has thin tubing and is painted with a cheap black paint that instantly burns off and wreaks havoc with your 02 sensor. The flex pipe is of low quality and will not last long. The generally cheesy construction won't last long either. This header produced the least amount of power of all evaluated. It is also the least expensive and does produce a good gain of about 5-7 hp so it might have some merit."

I'd just as well go with the Hotshot(or Stillen) because as the old saying goes-you get what you pay for, so you might as well do it right the first time.;)

#19 ·
I'm a firm believer in doing it right the first time, but I don't think I should have to give Hotshot my firstborn child to do it. I mean $400 will get me a quarter of the way closer to a DET, or just a turbo upgrade. It seems it cost more to do a N/A engine than a turbo and you don't even get as much power. I'm a whiner.=)

#24 ·
where are they??

Where can you get the plethora of headers discussed here?? Anyone have an opinion on the best header back combo for the p10?? I'm leaning towards the Greddy cat-back and the Hot shot header but is there a hi-flo cat that will pull it all together?? One stop shoppin' tends to be my m.o.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.